UK, Leicester

but puke, writing music and angst go hand in hand. Also gamers are like some of the most depressed/ depressing people there are.

edit

I don't really think that' there's any need to split up the main boards, having a general discussion board is fine, and there don't really need to be any more boards. If it doesn't fit into anything else, then it probably goes there, if it's a shitpost/crapthread than it can go on another forum

Last edited by Alpine (Dec 2, 2013 8:15 pm)

Maine

ive only ever had one thread closed.. doubt u even post threads that much anyways

Dallas, Texas

<2¢>

'General Discussion' on any forum I've ever been apart of has never meant 'Off-Topic' There are always sections literally named that if those types of post are allowed/welcomed. The rules for expected and allowed content of a General Discussion board have never been as abiguous as some people make them out to be. Furthermore, the proper course of action for not knowing the rules, if there ever was a question as to what is allowed, is to lurk till you know. Not 'cry till it's fixed'

</2¢>

I have no interest in following this discussion. I think it's gotten pretty out of hand honestly. I'm going back to making music. Hopefully some of you will join me.

California

I think that keeping it as it is should be fine. I'm pretty sure people have posted pointless off-topic threads before and had them locked but this is the first time I can remember anyone really complaining about it.

Maine

bunch of uptight bandwagon jumpers in this thread.. i feel sad that this type of thing goes on must be why the chiptune scene has lingered like it has instead of flourished (peoples uptightness discouraging outspoken/new users and pushing older scene members away).. everyone takes themselves and everything way too seriously like wayyyyyy too seriously.. kind of reminds me back on 8bc when you posted something that wasnt a chip sound format i.e. fakebit and everyone would get all butthurt and be like "thats not chiptune why did you post this here"

i think if you added a off-topic board it wouldnt be as unpopular as all of you would think..

im also trying to figure out how this is not as off-topic as me posting a random picture and why it hasnt been taken down yet (not that i want it to be taken down but it seems all the nitpickers arent harrassing this person):

http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/193235/#p193235

Last edited by Puke_Flytalker (Dec 2, 2013 11:15 pm)

NC in the US of America

:\

I do not want to be that guy and I never thought I would resort to this but: ucollective.org seems like just what you are looking for sad

sad

TylerBarnes wrote:

<2¢>

'General Discussion' on any forum I've ever been apart of has never meant 'Off-Topic' There are always sections literally named that if those types of post are allowed/welcomed. The rules for expected and allowed content of a General Discussion board have never been as abiguous as some people make them out to be. Furthermore, the proper course of action for not knowing the rules, if there ever was a question as to what is allowed, is to lurk till you know. Not 'cry till it's fixed'

</2¢>

I have no interest in following this discussion. I think it's gotten pretty out of hand honestly. I'm going back to making music. Hopefully some of you will join me.

^This so much.

Poster suggestion:

1. Does it belong on cm.o?
2. Do I think people will like it?
3. Can I handle if no one responds to the post at all, or doesn't respond the way Id want them to?

If no to any then DONT POST.

And this.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Dec 3, 2013 2:42 am)

Louisville Ky
SketchMan3 wrote:

Poster suggestion:

1. Does it belong on cm.o?
2. Do I think people will like it?
3. Can I handle if no one responds to the post at all, or doesn't respond the way Id want them to?

If no to any then DONT POST.

And this.

Good guidelines to go by fo sho.

TSSBAY01
Puke_Flytalker wrote:
sandneil wrote:

the problem is puke flytalker that swhy this thread is created i dont think this forum of 7000+ people should be reshaping itself in any way just to accomodate one guy none of us like anyway

yeah
yeah
yeah

speaks for 7000 people he is unsure of disliking me.. dude lay off the hate boner bro

i mean if you look at the numbers its actually a really small percentage of people actually complaining about stuff like this

im fairly sure that if you continue on the way you have, you will have more and more people disliking you. thats not a matter of a 'hate boner' or whatever your young mind may want to externalize it as.

here are a few suggestions as to how you can do that: take it down a notch, start using some punctuation, lay off your broad generalizations, calling people 'bandwagon jumpers', 'dbags', or just generally flipping out. talk like an adult, talk like you arent trying to be confrontational. exude a little more sense of respect for others, as well as how you portray yourself. if you dont, and you get banned, dont come back here with a motive the way you came here with an axe to grind about 8bc, and still continue to grind.*

*source: http://chipmusic.org/forums/search/posts/user/9135/

^^^^
agreed.

Would really like to like you because your music is cool, but your attitude sucks.

SketchMan3 wrote:

ucollective.org seems like just what you are looking for sad

HAVE A BLAST

Unsubscribe

Chiptune Interventions.

Maine

my inbox says differently since ive gotten multiple messages of support fact is people are scared to even say anything due to the backlash from the nitpickers

Maine

great way to scare a bunch users off of the site guys

Sweden

crybaby

Unsubscribe

The support of cowards ain't nothing to crow about wink

Louisville Ky
Puke_Flytalker wrote:

great way to scare a bunch users off of the site guys

You haven't really changed much since 8bc.

You best be listening to tempsoundcolutions, like wise every one else who has given you advice similar to that.
Like bit wish, he sent me screen shots of your pm's and i read all the earlier threads.

He gave you good advice in something he's quite acquainted with. If you had listen you wouldn't be having problems right now. Instead you just called him names and such, which doesn't make you any different than that ZAZI guy who was calling you name which hurt your feelings.

Im surprised your not banned yet to be honest, but i hope things changed for you hmm

Last edited by Orin (Dec 4, 2013 3:32 pm)

Louisville Ky

And no, i don't think we should split it.
Maybe we can have a month lock for new users before they can create a thread so they get familiar with what is appropriate.