Chicago IL

Saskrotch - Found / First Strike
Full on out, now!

An edited version of the read me that comes with it:

1. Found - Originally appeared on Crunchy Co. Compilation 2 (2008), completely rerecorded and remastered. One of my earliest finished LSDJ tracks.

2. First Strike - Originally appeared on Chip In Japan (2011), a benefit for victims of the earthquake / tsumani combo, completely rerecorded and remastered.

3. Handheld Hullabaloo - Originally appeared on Handheld Heroes Volume One (2012), completely rerecorded and remastered.

4. Under Surveillance - Previously unreleased. Written across LSDJ and MOD2PSG (Game Gear / SN76489 tracker). For a project based around combining soundchips that I've abandoned (See also: Frollic Core from Composer for Hire Volume One: http://saskrotch.bandcamp.com/album/com … e-volume-1 )

5. DMG Acid 3 - Previously unreleased. Written in LDSJ, recorded, mixed, sequenced in Ableton.

6. First Strike (GenCity Mix) - Previously unreleased. Originally written and abandoned in VGM Music Maker, picked up and re-written in Ableton using VOPM and Plogue Chipsounds. This shit's funky, son.

7. Found (PK Love Remix) - Originally appeared on Piko Piko Detroit's Midwest Collective 2013 compilation. Took the original version and beefed it up with the Mother 3 soundfont. It's on the internet, don't ask me for it.

BONUS FILES

Nebulized - Written for a game called Blastonauts that has been put indefinitely on the back burner.

Found, First Strike and Handheld Hullabaloo (Unmastered) - Straight recordings from the Game Boy, in case you don't like my mastering.

Happy Valemtimes EP - A 6 track EP barely released as a .zip on Valentine's Day in 2008. Name based on the way my boss at the time pronounced Valentine's. Basically a collection of "My First LSDJ" tracks. I had to get this from a friend, cause I don't even have it anymore.

First Strike (GenCity Mix, Abandoned).vgm - VGM file of the starting point for the GenCity mix.

First Strike (GenCity Mix, Abandoned).bin - Same as above, but playable with pretty much any Sega Genesis / MegaDrive emulator.

Found - First Strike.sav - .sav file for LSDJ, contains Found, First Strike, Handheld Hullabaloo and DMG Acid 3.

All for $4!
Game Boy ROM art drawn by Saskrotch, coded by nitro2k01

Last edited by Saskrotch (Dec 11, 2013 3:04 am)

Liverpool, UK

Do you have any more GB stuff? I love it!

Chicago IL

Not a lot, I kind of gave up on it after seeing how great so many other people are with LDSJ. Figured I'd stick to what I'm good at.

Litebritedeath Land

I had literally just thought about asking people if they ever share .sav files.  I recently got a cart from Katsumbhong and it had a full song already on it and I've found it to be a wonderful learning tool for LSDJ.  It's cool to go into each section of someone else's songs and see how they were constructed and listen to them at the same time.  Will be buying this for sure!

Oh man, that first track... nice harmonies!

Litebritedeath Land

Accident post

Last edited by sxe_weekend (Dec 4, 2013 2:40 am)

Florida

This is amazing. I also want to hear your other lsdj work

Chicago IL

There's a couple LSDJ tracks on Composer For Hire Vol 1 (Untitled I+II and City Spikes), a GB version of one of the boss themes from A Nation of Wind, and an older EP on Handheld Heroes that sounds like garbage cause I had a terrible idea about what mastering meant. Other than that it's mostly various Mega Man covers that are scattered around my youtube channel

Also y'all just inspired me to DMG Acid 3 to this release (one of the only ones that's both semi-recent and finished). If you already bought it you should just be able to go into your email and re-download.

Thanks guys! I usually don't do the pre-order thing but I'm broke and I have a date tomorrow. (lol?)

Litebritedeath Land
Saskrotch wrote:

There's a couple LSDJ tracks on Composer For Hire Vol 1 (Untitled I+II and City Spikes), a GB version of one of the boss themes from A Nation of Wind, and an older EP on Handheld Heroes that sounds like garbage cause I had a terrible idea about what mastering meant. Other than that it's mostly various Mega Man covers that are scattered around my youtube channel

Also y'all just inspired me to DMG Acid 3 to this release (one of the only ones that's both semi-recent and finished). If you already bought it you should just be able to go into your email and re-download.

Thanks guys! I usually don't do the pre-order thing but I'm broke and I have a date tomorrow. (lol?)

Chip in and support saskrotch's date!

Chicago IL

Here's a little preview of the GenCity mix of First Strike

Liverpool, UK

because I pre-ordered I demand to know how the date went - in full gory graphic detail plz.

sick, saskrotch
lovin it

New Orleans, Louisiana

good stuff, I miss your LSDJ stuffs.

SLC, UT

The game you mention isn't Rex rocket is it?

Chicago IL
stargazer wrote:

The game you mention isn't Rex rocket is it?

Nah, Rex is definitely getting finished. It's from a game called Blastonauts that was being made by a dude before he got a job at a game company, and now he's all busy with their stuff.

(the track is really good)

Chicago IL
calmdownkidder wrote:

because I pre-ordered I demand to know how the date went - in full gory graphic detail plz.

got stood up (sort of) so I bought cheap whiskey