California

Anyone feeling generous and can walk me through how to setup an IRC client and connect to the chipmusic channel? I've never IRC'd before.
Thank you a hundred times.

TSSBAY01

1) install xircon (http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/C … RCON.shtml)
2) type '/server irc.esper.net' into the status window.
3) type '/join #chipmusic'
4) idle like everybody and be throughly let down because nobody really talks anyway (there is literally days worth of scrollback of clients joining/quitting/pinging out without a single word said)

Holland

Or replace step 1 from the post above with Colloquy. Start, press cmd+1, type connect, type in irc.esper.net. Join channel: #chipmusic. Voila.

TSSBAY01

xircon is the best irc client there is. when you load it with the kano or syntax script, it is more configurable than ircn, mirc, colloquy, or anything else out there.

sadly shawn is right, there is no reason  to be in the #chipmusic channel, no one talks

but the general procress is the same for all clients
add the server irc.esper.net to a favourites list or connect directly with /server irc.esper.net or /connect irc.esper.net
add the channell #chipmusic to an autojoin list or connect directly with /join #chipmusic

TSSBAY01

you can even use a java irc applet if you dont want to install a client...theres other channels on espernet that have enough active discussion that its worth installing something. #mod_shrine is usually active, and #botb is always active

California

again, thank you. By the way TSS the track you did for that beep city presents: love songs from the future album was really good. Been listening to it for ideas.

TSSBAY01

aww, thanks wing! im starting to get back into writing original stuff, but its been tough. im more of a drummer now, but i still get the ideas out now and then. ill try and put more effort into doing tunes in 2014 for sure.

lolusa

or you could go here http://www.datafruits.fm/chatroom
then type in /j #chipmusic
/me wins award for fastest dead-chat-room-inspection

Canada

So is there a reason why no one actually talks in the room? Nothing to say to each other, haha?
Ovenrake's answer is super quick and easy if people don't want to dl an irc client.

Last edited by Jansaw (Dec 6, 2013 1:11 am)