Boise, ID

The effect that he used in this video just sounds like a low pass filter with resonance, but what is that called? I'd like to get a guitar pedal or mixer with it.

Sounds like some sort of filter cutoff, could be wrong doe.
I've listened to this video so many times.

Los Angeles, CA

That sounds like a band-pass filter to me.  Lots of wah pedals are band-passes.

Sweeeeeeden

Seems like just a low-pass filter with a single knob control where the resonance is (probably) turned off when the knob is at the top position, so you don't get those really high frequencies boosted.

Now, which flavor, that's a tougher one. And I think this type of clean resonant filter is exactly what you'll not find easily in a guitar pedal.

Dallas, Texas

I already know my answer is going to be the epitome of 'waaay too expisive' but the one product that would be perfect for what you want is the Mooger Fooger MF-101. Is a pedal based moog filter with lfo, cv, and envelope options.

Boise, ID
TylerBarnes wrote:

I already know my answer is going to be the epitome of 'waaay too expisive' but the one product that would be perfect for what you want is the Mooger Fooger MF-101. Is a pedal based moog filter with lfo, cv, and envelope options.

Yeah, the MF 101 seems magnificent but it is a little above my budget. /:

FRANCE

It is a 4pole Lowpass filter with adjustable Q (resonance) and cutoff frequency smile can self oscillate at high Q setting. it is DSP based.
So basically a Moog Ladder filter clone digitally.
So you don't really need an analog MF 101 it your budget is short.
Any software based LP resonant filter can do the job.

The whole mixer unit in this video cost the same as 1 MF 101 smile
http://www.futuremusic.com/news/testdri … dxm06.html

Unsubscribe

Theyve also introduced a cheaper version of the moogerfooger:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MFoogerDrive/

Or you can get any number of dj mixers with similar effects built in.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Cool gear. Kind of makes me wonder how most feel about effect pedals and post processing. I my self love low pass filter sweeps and chorus in combo with chip.
Yogi

doesnt the monotron have  a filter you can run stuff through thats supposed to be good sounding

sandneil wrote:

doesnt the monotron have  a filter you can run stuff through thats supposed to be good sounding

I've used it before, it actually does sound quite good for how cheap of a unit the monotron is.

Brunswick, GA USA

Good being a relative thing, monotrons are a bit on the noisy side, but they self oscillate like a boss.

Boise, ID

I actually just found a Numark x6 for pretty cheap. looks like it's the same mixer just a different color scheme. smile

now I can finally make use of all the RCA cables i've collected over the years...

Last edited by ShintarouMusic (Dec 6, 2013 10:37 pm)