Madison, WI

Hey everybody, just thought I'd give you a heads up.  Nonelec is now happy to offer bitcoin as a primary method of payment for whatever you may need from the shop.  We're taking payments through BIPS, which is a very straightforward system for processing payments, and should be just as quick, if not quicker, than conventional credit card or paypal.

Thanks for your time and continued patronage!

Love,
-nonfinite

Dallas, Texas

Isn't is like $1000+ for one coin though? are there 'bitcents'?

bed

I've never bought anything with bitcoins, but as a concept I find them extremely cool. It's great that you've started accepting them.

TylerBarnes wrote:

Isn't is like $1000+ for one coin though? are there 'bitcents'?

Yes. You can have as little as 0.00000001 BTC I think. But that's basically worthless. The price is a bit volatile at the moment - the price recently soared to over $1000 and is now back down to $700. My financial friends all tell me bitcoins are really bad because of how much they dart around in price, but I don't really understand. I like them from a technical point of view, and because they're nerdy :3

Chicago IL

perfect timing

Litebritedeath Land

Yeah I was just about to link an article on china causing the bitcoin crash.

Unsubscribe

My anarchist collective is chuffed.

Sweeeeeeden

No, China caused Bitcoin boom that made it go all the way up to $1200. What's happening now is just the normalization of an overhyped market. Sucks to be you if you bought BTC at $1200/BTC, but oh well. Many people will still try to keep using it as a normal currency for some things, and I think it will stabilize to a lower, but more long-term stable price over the next few days.

Litebritedeath Land

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin- … ng-2013-12

All the current news is saying China's official stance on bitcoins has caused the value to plummet.  China itself caused a boom but the government speaking out about it has caused a crash in the past few days.

Sweeeeeeden

Sorry, I had missed that news.

Litebritedeath Land

No worries!  I had really forgot all about bitcoins until this post.  Did a search to learn some more and came across the recent articles.  Bitcoins still make zero sense to me personally but I do think that it's interesting.

Alive and well in fucksville

It is good to see we will be able to get chiptune making gear after the dollar collapses. I would not want to ride out the apocolypse without lsdj. Batteries keep for like 10 years...

NYC

So china says they're against it, & the whole world stumbles.  Wonderful.

NYC
nonfinite wrote:

Hey everybody, just thought I'd give you a heads up.  Nonelec is now happy to offer bitcoin as a primary method of payment for whatever you may need from the shop.  We're taking payments through BIPS, which is a very straightforward system for processing payments, and should be just as quick, if not quicker, than conventional credit card or paypal.

Thanks for your time and continued patronage!

Love,
-nonfinite

It's great to see that you accept bitcoin now.  I wonder if more people will do the same???  I see it slowly starting to be accepted more as time goes by, that's awesome.  Be sure to include the option in the currencies dropdown list (I don't see it in there).  Also, you should put an icon of it, or a message or something, up in the corner of your front page, or anywhere, to really let people know that you accept it.

Alive and well in fucksville

bitcoin is still one of those keep your head down types of things though. the feds have been fucking with it so much. reliable currency is a threat, and people are thirsty for something definite. path of least resistance....