Okay so I am more than familiar with horizontal and vertical line cracks in the screen, happens often with older consoles of course,well what the hell happened here? I have like splatter marks?

https://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hph … e=52A50C64

I'm afraid the crystals cracked.
No way to fix it, the leak will spread further..

It's gone.
Rip screen.

sad sigh, could this have happened from the weather Tim Bob? sad Thanks though, sigh, I guess I'll use her for a few more songs, then I'll salvage what I can off of her sad

Cincinnati, OH

I just got a DMG without sound for $10 from ebay. wink
Get one (I think he's got 2 more) and replace the front PCB. I noticed that sweet design around the screen cover. You have to keep this alive!

Of all the damaged and degraded screens I have seen over the years I don't recall personally encountering that before.  The stuff on the right looks like a weird frog headed guy jumping over something.  Blame that guy.

Screens dying really sucks.  I have many with various screen issues already, and last night while playing Tetris a horizontal line popped out in the middle on my main DMG.  I will poke around in some of them next weekend to see if i can fix anything, and if this screen is gone I may swap front boards with one I use mainly with a keyboard for lsdj.  I think good quality replacements are coming soonish...

Why do you think it might be weather related?  What has the weather been like where you are?  When I was younger I left mine in the car occasionally, sometimes in below freezing and very hot temperatures, but the screen always returned to normal after a while.

Last edited by rygD (Dec 8, 2013 7:40 am)

DMGer wrote:

I just got a DMG without sound for $10 from ebay. wink
Get one (I think he's got 2 more) and replace the front PCB. I noticed that sweet design around the screen cover. You have to keep this alive!

Thanks man and I know sad AlleyBeach gave this a while backl he performed a dope ass mod on it, I would hate to lose this girl, so many.. memories, I shall peform surgery like the other good fellow said, I'm looking for that unlucky deaf gameboy with no sound, and I am going to rip him apart and save my baby heart and keep his shell too smile

rygD wrote:

Of all the damaged and degraded screens I have seen over the years I don't recall personally encountering that before.  The stuff on the right looks like a weird frog headed guy jumping over something.  Blame that guy.

Screens dying really sucks.  I have many with various screen issues already, and last night while playing Tetris a horizontal line popped out in the middle on my main DMG.  I will poke around in some of them next weekend to see if i can fix anything, and if this screen is gone I may swap front boards with one I use mainly with a keyboard for lsdj.  I think good quality replacements are coming soonish...

Why do you think it might be weather related?  What has the weather been like where you are?  When I was younger I left mine in the car occasionally, sometimes in below freezing and very hot temperatures, but the screen always returned to normal after a while.

It was 22 degrees here, and I left my dmg in the car, as I went to an xmas party, then when I came back, turned her on, I was like GAAAAHG

Yeah, I guess since they are now 20 years older than when I did this it might be more problematic now.