sxe_weekend wrote:

I was not even aware of the smartboy carts!

me either they look pretty sexy too

There was a thread on the smartboys when they started selling again.  I considered ordering one, but decided to pick up another EMS since I could order these domestically, and there are a few other projects being worked on that may prove to work better for me than smartboy carts.

I do need to backup my camera though, so...

Taichung, Taiwan

There's a youtube video somewhere of a dude desoldering the entire battery holder on an EMS 64M USB Cart, being the highest point on the board, soldering in a regular cartridge battery and it was able to fit into a regular Gameboy case no problem

matt's mind

i've gotten quite a few emails concerning the smartboy team and their ability to ship in a timely manner (if at all).  i have no idea if they've fixed this issue or not (and, tbh, people often email me with their general complaints which is fine).  just wanted to throw that out their if you are still considering them.

if they offer different shipping options, go with the one which has international tracking so you'll know whats up

Litebritedeath Land
kitsch wrote:

i've gotten quite a few emails concerning the smartboy team and their ability to ship in a timely manner (if at all).  i have no idea if they've fixed this issue or not (and, tbh, people often email me with their general complaints which is fine).  just wanted to throw that out their if you are still considering them.

if they offer different shipping options, go with the one which has international tracking so you'll know whats up

Thanks for the heads up.  My next cart is going to be a drag and derp for sure but I may get a smartboy down the road if others chime in with successful transactions.

4BP wrote:

wow desumate, that looks sick as fuck! haha. so I can just sand the inside?

Yes, but It takes forever.
It literally needs to be paper thin to fit.

Last edited by DESUMATE (Dec 9, 2013 1:47 am)

Cincinnati, OH
DESUMATE wrote:
4BP wrote:

I tried with my broken pokemon green bootleg and failed horribly.

Last edited by DMGer (Dec 9, 2013 1:50 am)

kitsch wrote:

Yes thank you Kitsch! Hey I wanted to ask, *edit, whoops asked a question that was already answered. Kitsch by any chance would you have any game cases laying around you could charge me for? like blank pcb cases, I don't care, I have some bare chips and pins that need a case, DMG ones

Last edited by 4BP (Dec 10, 2013 2:26 am)

DESUMATE wrote:
4BP wrote:

I think instead I will just duplicate the ems carts, and make them white, solid white, and custom paint them. tongue

Litebritedeath Land
4BP wrote:
kitsch wrote:

Yes thank you Kitsch! Hey I wanted to ask, *edit, whoops asked a question that was already answered. Kitsch by any chance would you have any game cases laying around you could charge me for? like blank pcb cases, I don't care, I have some bare chips and pins that need a case, DMG ones

I have an extra copy of donkey kong if you are into yellow.  You need a security driver to open game cases btw.

matt's mind
4BP wrote:
kitsch wrote:

the only ones i've got (for sale at least) are these: http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/cl … cuit-cases

my others i'm keeping for either color sampling, or to take measurements for stuff i may or may not be making.  i have a big box of samples for that sort of thing.

sxe_weekend wrote:
4BP wrote:

I have an extra copy of donkey kong if you are into yellow.  You need a security driver to open game cases btw.

I would love that man, my cases are bright green, and my other one will be baby blue, so I want the tackiest color scheme ever smile

I have my USB bleepbloop carts in a white Japanese game shell and a Les Schtroumpfs shell (Smurfs in French).  Required sanding on the inside to clear the USB port.

matt's mind

shoot, forgot about these!  http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/bl … idge-cases

almost all of those came from the NSYNC color game.  its that style case (not DMG, but still official nintendo).

the 'original' ones in the drop down are unaltered.  really, a superb case imo, good design

kitsch wrote:

shoot, forgot about these!  http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/bl … idge-cases

almost all of those came from the NSYNC color game.  its that style case (not DMG, but still official nintendo).

the 'original' ones in the drop down are unaltered.  really, a superb case imo, good design

great, thank you!