Cleveland, OH
sxe_weekend wrote:

@thursdaycustoms its a green backlight.

Okay, those draw a TON of power. I bet the backlight is so bright it kind of washes out the LCD? I believe they were designed more for the DMG. Definitely try a 220ohm resistor and see how that works. Should be a perfect brightness and your LCD will likely not change contrast when running LSDJ. Let me know if it works!

And like I offered before, if you feel the need to ship the device back to me for modifications, I can do so and cover parts and shipping. I want you to have the device functioning at a level that pleases you smile

Litebritedeath Land

@thursdaycustoms which wire do I solder the resistor to?

Litebritedeath Land

@thebitman thanks for the offer but soldering is not an issue for me!  I've built a shruthi and various other DIY projects.

matt's mind
sxe_weekend wrote:

@thursdaycustoms which wire do I solder the resistor to?

either, whichever is easiest with the way the case comes together and such.  you'll get the same effect either way

Litebritedeath Land

Fixed!  Dug the 220 resistor out of my RGB backlight gameboy and the pocket works like a champ now!

Cleveland, OH
sxe_weekend wrote:

Fixed!  Dug the 220 resistor out of my RGB backlight gameboy and the pocket works like a champ now!

Great! So happy to hear this! It really is such a simple fix. Unfortunately the Pocket simply can't stand that much power drain!

Litebritedeath Land
thursdaycustoms wrote:
sxe_weekend wrote:

Great! So happy to hear this! It really is such a simple fix. Unfortunately the Pocket simply can't stand that much power drain!

Thanks for the tip!  Both LSDJ and Nanoloop now work problem free!

sxe_weekend wrote:
thursdaycustoms wrote:

Thanks for the tip!  Both LSDJ and Nanoloop now work problem free!

Thanks for coming to the rescue Justin smile heart

Cleveland, OH

YAYAYAY! Awesome! Not a problem at all. Always happy to help!