St. Charles, MO

From LSDJ to FL Studio, what are some of your favourites? Mine are LSDJ, FL Studio (not for chiptune), NitroTracker, and Electroplankton (Mainly the LumiLoops).

Matthew Joseph Payne

I don't think I've used any programs other than LSDJ, Digital Performer and Audacity to make music in years. I guess that makes those my favorites!

MBR

Adlib Tracker II - all time favorite
Milkytracker - #2
LSDJ/LGPT - #3
Renoise - #4
I can't bring myself to use a piano roll-type sequencer... but I keep trying.
I can't seem to actually finish anything either, but that's another story lol.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:21 pm)

St. Charles, MO

Cool to hear all these different programs!
@somewhat: I totally get what you mean about not finishing stuff lol, I have about 20 unfinished songs lol. Usually they're pretty bad though, so maybe it's good they're unfinished xD

little piggy tracker : ) it's my friend

NC in the US of America

LSDJ, MilkyTracker, HivelyTracker, LMMS, Audacity, Sound Club, Beepola, Acid Xpress, sndrec32.exe I'm such a poor man sad

UK, Leicester

Famitracker b/c i get it
piggy b/c of the freedom
milkytracker b/c of the kind of chip you can make
lsdj b/c it's fun

nanoloop & pure data. Sort of the opposites!

nanoloop (mainly 2.3 and up) just works for me, I really enjoy using it and find it fun, intuitive. I think the sequencer is brilliant, like the lo-fi FM and I always enjoy a concept (eg 4 tracks, one "poly" one noise) to conform to / break out of. (and the balance of that I guess!)

pure data is like max msp but less bull$hit. I love free open source software, especially if it can run on really cheap devices. It feels great to use such democratic tools. And besides that, It's a superb piece of software that has a wide area of use and is generally just good to know!
I use it for many, many things. Mostly for making algorithmic music and visuals with the built-in GEM library.

Last edited by _-_- (Dec 12, 2013 8:48 am)

Gosford, Australia

i make non-chip music in FL, and also mix/master all my LSDJ stuff in FL as well

Clermont-Ferrand, France

Famitracker all the time.
Cubase 5 and LSDJ a little.
And Guitar Pro 4 big_smile

UK

I hate trackers. I said it. Come at me. I can take you all.

_-_- wrote:

pure data is like max msp but less bull$hit. I love free open source software, especially if it can run on really cheap devices. It feels great to use such democratic tools. And besides that, It's a superb piece of software that has a wide area of use and is generally just good to know!
I use it for many, many things. Mostly for making algorithmic music and visuals with the built-in GEM library.

Yeah PD is fantastic.

South Korea

LSDJ & LGPT, they are fun and functionally identical.
nanoloop, VERY user friendly and pretty cool for hip-hop/trip-hop type beats smile
Deflemask, this one is underrated, and I cannot understand why.

DeerPresident wrote:

LSDJ & LGPT, they are fun and functionally identical.
nanoloop, VERY user friendly and pretty cool for hip-hop/trip-hop type beats smile
Deflemask, this one is underrated, and I cannot understand why.

yo, idk that ive heard any of your piggy work- got any handy???

South Korea
defPREMIUM wrote:

yo, idk that ive heard any of your piggy work- got any handy???

My contribution for the last Stockwave compo was all piggy smile
I have been rather busy with finals lately, but I'm planning on doing some downtempo/hip-hop type stuff soon.

ahh of course of course, i forgot it was piggy. cooool dude, i like that type of thing