detroit

piggy

Czech Republic

1. Piggy for most of the work
2. Soundforge for sample editing / stereo recording
3. Audition / Cool edit pro for multitracking / most of other work or band recordings
4. LSDJ for fun
5. Music assembler (C64) for fun

England

goattracker stereo.

probably firefox

god knows that when i open fami or openmpt or renoise or something i spend ten minutes writing a bassline, think "this has already been done" and then browse to kongregate or something

Joliette, QC, Canada

Musicmon 2.5e
MaxYMiser
LSDJ
Milkytracker
LGPT

schism tracker
impulse tracker

.FILTHadelphia

Renoise.

TX

My main tools are Famitracker, Skale Tracker, and a version of Cool Edit Pro from 2000 or so. Recently I've been using Neil Baldwin's CajoNES and I love it. I've got LSDJ but am still struggling with its interface.

Milwaukee, WI

smegmatracker

Planet Zaxxon
somewhat_damaged wrote:

Adlib Tracker II - all time favorite

LETS HEAR IT !

I cant believe ableton hasnt been mentioned yet.  I like ableton and LSDJ, and Nodebeat.

MBR
extreme zan-zan-zawa-veia wrote:

probably firefox

god knows that when i open fami or openmpt or renoise or something i spend ten minutes writing a bassline, think "this has already been done" and then browse to kongregate or something

I know that feel...

MA

My favorites would have to be LSDJ and Famitracker
I've tried MilkyTracker a while ago but I couldn't figure it out but I do want to revisit it sometime soon heart

I want to try more trackers and just try some DAWs to see what I like and don't like but idk where to start
(Not a fan of FL studio, I've tried it a few times and decided it wasn't for my taste)

Arizona

Reason 5 if I feel like doing laptop oriented things which is a rarity these days.

LSDJ for chip.

Seattle, WA

#1: 2xlsdj

#2: 1xlsdj

#3: Arkos Tracker i guess

Lun-dun

I've been using Pro Tools for over 10 years which I like much more than Logic (which I am forced to use for work) and Garageband too, though Garageband and Logic have some great software instruments when compared with Pro Tools. The MIDI stuff is probably a bit better on Logic overall  but I mainly deal with audio and Pro Tools is perfectly fine.

I've been forced to use Reaper the last few weeks as I haven't been able to get Pro Tools to sync with LSDJ or mGB via the nanoloop USB adapter which is a real pain (if anyone has managed it do let me know!) so I record my DMG into that then transfer it back to Pro Tools.

Obviously been using LSDJ too and I've been enjoying it. Also mGB, which will be good as I intend to compose in Pro Tools using MIDI then use mGB to convert each MIDI track individually to bloops via Reaper, then back to Pro Tools to mix.

SERIOUSLY - anyone who has Pro Tools and a Nanoloop USB adapter, please help save me 100 un-necessary export steps!