France (au milieu)

Hi again,

i swear i've (kind of) used the search thing...

The USB cartridge allows to flash another rom on it, right ?

Nanoloop doesn't really run this way if i've understood, maybe something else, synth?  post prod ? or other type of complementary software can be worth having on the card?

I'm aware about PC music softs, and a bit about android ones... but NO clue about what's worth playing with on a GB...

any idea or suggestion ?

ps: do NOT answer ''Tetris''...

South Korea

You can and should have all of the following in the second bank:
Trip World (because you CAN game on a Gameboy)
Nanoloop 1.3 demo (for laying down improv beats, can be fun for "jamming" with other musicians)
rez (synth thing)
shitwave (noise generator, for making noise)
muddyGB (let's you play notes in a scale, "live" GB music)
Ikinari bopper/nerdrix (similar to muddy, but moves up and down scales, 80's guitar solo style)
Pounder ("live" drum thing, lots of fun)

Edit: explaining what everything does, more or less

Last edited by DeerPresident (Dec 17, 2013 11:02 am)

France (au milieu)

all of these fit in 1 bank ? oO

I'll go and try to get some info (what they are, what they acutally do, that is)

I know there is a complete list as a thread above, but hard to guess what is actually worth having.

so thanks for the quick feedback and not having bumped me wink

ps: what do you do with the Nanoloop demo if you can't save anything ?

ps2:

I intend to use my old game boy (real one, found back in my parent's attic, that played double dragon and tetris battles back in the late 80's^^) in a new music project, involving:

- a friend on: Tabla+guitar+looper+guitar multieffects
- me on: flutes+doublebass+looper+bass multieffects... +GB^^

so mostly backtracking with chords waves, maybe some trip-hop / dubbish beats and bass...

Last edited by Sesska (Dec 17, 2013 10:59 am)

South Korea

okay, I edited the previous post to try to explain what everything does.
I'm pretty sure they all fit, but if you don't want them all on there, try them in an emulator first, and decide which ones you find useful.
Your project sounds like fun, can't wait to hear what you guys sound like.

Sweeeeeeden

Actually, the EMS cartridges, even the 64M one, support multiple ROMs, basically as many as the cartridge can fit. This is a lesser known functionality, I guess because LSDj doesn't play well with it. You can normally use this by just dragging multiple ROMs into the EMS software, but...
1) Adding LSDj typically makes the built-in EMS menu fail to work at all.
2) The built-in menu doesn't deal with multiple saves between the games. There are alternative menus that do, but they are not compatible with LSDj's file saving.

So, I've integrated an EMS menu into LittleFM. There's a download link andinstructions on how to use it in the link below. You have to manually produce a ROM file that you burn to the cartridge. However, there's still no save management for other ROMs, so you should only use saveless ROMs.

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2013/03/04 … fects-you/

Since many EMS cartridges are buggy and get stuck on page 2, I suggest producing a ROM like this that you verify is working, and write it to both pages.

As a test, I've made a ROM which features LSD + LittleFM + a number of saveless noise ROMs. I've also added a function where pressing seƶ+start+B+A in any of the programs will return to the LittleFM menu.

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Dec 17, 2013 12:11 pm)

France (au milieu)

(because you CAN game on a Gameboy)

had a laugh on this one smile

1) Adding LSDj typically makes the built-in EMS menu fail to work at all.
2) The built-in menu doesn't deal with multiple saves between the games. There are alternative menus that do, but they are not compatible with LSDj's file saving

don't get everything, but sounds shitty then...