Planet Zaxxon

Do you like MS-DOS games and software ? I like Wacky Wheels and Adlib Tracker. Do you hate DOSBOX? Good answer. Well, I am here to help the world have more fun..... the right way. It is your time to have more fun with computers !!!!!!

I built this from scratch and configured it so everything works. I just want more people to have these types of computers. I am here to help you radical people be more radical !!!!!

I displayed it at 8STATIC last night, and people seemed to dig it.  smile

Specs:

Hardware:

Micro-atx case with power supply *NEW*
Pentium II with 350 mhz
256 mb ram *NEW* (upgradable to 512 mb)
6 gig hard drive
52x CD-ROM *NEW*
Floppy drive *NEW*
Keyboard and mouse *NEW*
Diamond PCI video card
Sound blaster 16

1 PCI, and 1 AGP slot free

Software:

Dos7.1
Adlib Tracker II
Impulse Tracker
Scream Tracker 3
Rad Tracker
Amusic101
GFX2
and every AMIGA sample disk is on there for your tracking pleasure (ST-xx)

Games: Yes they are all freeware games !!! smile

Beneath a Steel Sky
Alien Carnage
Bio Menace
Electro Man
Boppin

I also put on some demos for you to bask in the demoscene audio/visual greatness. smile

$180 (monitor not included) If you would like a monitor I can get you one for around $20.

If this one sells before you can get it, don't worry !! I am already building more !!! smile

Email: [email protected]
AIM: opl3GEEK

-Carl

Milwaukee, WI

So cool!  I'll let you know when I have the cash!  Also the star stickers rock!

Planet Zaxxon

The star stickers are as far as I went in physical customization. haha

but ok coo !

Minneapolis

Lol @ $180, I know you got most of the parts new but then again I have shelves full of this stuff laying around at home that I got for nothing, so it seems slightly silly. If the buyer is in MN and needs a VGA monitor and doesn't want to ship I have several. smile

Tacoma WA
arfink wrote:

Lol @ $180, I know you got most of the parts new but then again I have shelves full of this stuff laying around at home that I got for nothing, so it seems slightly silly. If the buyer is in MN and needs a VGA monitor and doesn't want to ship I have several. smile

but i bet the majority of people don't

Planet Zaxxon
arfink wrote:

Lol @ $180, I know you got most of the parts new but then again I have shelves full of this stuff laying around at home that I got for nothing, so it seems slightly silly.

Cool.

Minneapolis

Need parts? Hahaha! I got loads of HDD's, floppy drives, CD, PCI and ISA cards, old VGA cards, soundblasters, PSUs, cases, mobos, memory, etc. I think I even have some SCSI stuff, including an internal SCSI ZIP drive bay.

OH and loads of PS2 mice and kbs. Loads of em.

Last edited by arfink (Apr 12, 2010 6:38 pm)

Olympia, WA

this is a fair price, especially for someone who doesn't have the know-how to put together something like this for themselves.... like me. But since I don't have the $$$ ...

This thread (and the one on 8BC) has gotten me thinking about old PC games/software again. I might email oxygenstar for some tips.

Planet Zaxxon

anyone else interested in this at all? I just really want someone to have this.