The clear one I currently own but I saw the Grey one on EBAY and simply loved it

Which would you prefer? or what would you do diferently?

Arizona

I mean, the grey one is simply a run of the mill greyboy with an NES pad, pink NES buttons, a darker grey screen cover and PIL start/select buttons. Not that there is anything wrong with a good greyboy, but the clear PILs are much more sought after and collectible.

It all boils down to personal preference and the desired appearance of one's unit. I'd probably take the clear PIL because I currently have two or three greyboys/shells.

EDIT: Punctuation.

Last edited by Limitbreak (Dec 11, 2013 3:39 am)

You do have a valid point everybody and their mom know about the grey GB but its less common to see the Clear GB, I owned a grey GB since day 1 in 1989 and I remember in middle school there was a kid with a Clear DMG and eventhou it was the same thing I was GREEN with envy... get it green? jajajaja

Last edited by Chiwabit (Dec 11, 2013 3:47 am)

Arizona

I don't mean to put too much importance on the color of a Gameboy's shell or buttons but thats just the way I see it. I personally own a black PIL, a yellow PIL, two clear PILs, a red PIL, and three greyboys...but they all do the same damn thing.

I like collecting the different colored shells but at the end of the day, they all sound the same.

Last edited by Limitbreak (Dec 11, 2013 4:00 am)

Litebritedeath Land

The greyboy on eBay also has a PIL screen cover.  Personally I like your clearboy more.

Matthew Joseph Payne

looks like you found your missing buttons tho

kineticturtle wrote:

looks like you found your missing buttons tho

What missing buttons?

the pink ones

How tough would it be to spray the inside of my clearboy white?

Mask it on the outside edges, maybe the front and anywhere else you are concerned about,  and make sure to fill any holes where it might come through.  Spray it properly.  Allow to dry, reassemble.  It depends on how tough each of those steps are for you.

Since it is a PIL clear might i suggest keeping the case stock and replacing with another clear case, such as those sold by ASM Retro.  If you just want white kitsch-bent sells white cases.

Last edited by rygD (Dec 17, 2013 6:20 am)

TSSBAY01

i wouldnt pick any of them, because writing lil beep boop music on a handheld is a pain in the ass. im a bona fide impulse tracker guru and can produce those kind of sounds cleaner. before .nsf's got familiar as being rips you could find, and i backed off from writing original tunes, i had to retrack some of the music from video games that i covered, which was stuff i was just starting to get into. its way, way easier than it could ever be in lsdj.

its a huge philosophical dispute, i know. but for me, im probably more of the train of thought that its easier to articulate anything if you dont have your hands positioned like that. two hands on a console of any type, be it a keyboard of a gameboy is the way to do it, and be as minimally distracted with a mouse as possible so you can program more. but my hands, if i had to use that, would get pretty sore pretty quick, ahahah. i realize this isnt the answer you want. maybe go for the clear style one.

MA

I would want the clear DMG but that's because I don't have one so I want one
I also want a grey DMG to put a green A / B button into because in an order for my LSDJ cart, the button fell into the packaging tongue
But if I get a 2nd grey DMG, I'm probably going to try going to live shows and trying to get as much signatures on it as possible from chiptune musicians and people included in the sceneā™„

hmmm i don't really like black + pink together like the buttons on the greyboy, so if it were me i'd prob go for the clear one : )