Germany

Hey, I just finishes building my first Arduinoboy. I think i did an okay soldering job, i checked the wireing twice to make sure that i connected everything right.

Midi In and Thru IS working. i checked it with a synth and a keyboard.

mGB doesn't get the "midi" signals.

After the Startup, the LED's are blinking in an almost random order, after that, they all stay black, including the red LED. Then after a short period of time, they continue to start blinking again, then they stay black. then after the same period of time, blinking again. and so one. The blinking and the time when the led stays off after the startup seem to follow a pattern.

Strangest Thing:
I use a non powered link cable, direct soldered to the pins of the arduino. The arduino gets power via usb, it's an arduino nano. But i after i disconnected it from the USB power source, it stays on Oo. When it is connected to the USB, the Power LED of the arduino is on. When i disconnect it from the USB power and leave it to the Gameboy, the RX and TX LED on the Arduino are blinking.

Hope you can help me out smile

Germany

Nobody??

I also checked if the arduino is working correctly. I uploaded the basic blink programm and the Led is blinking. I changed the code to check the other Led's and they also work.

I bought a second arduino nano from the same seller, and i did this little "synth" with sucess:
http://code.google.com/p/tinkerit/wiki/Auduino

So I'm pretty sure it's not the Arduino which isn't working, it must be something else.

Is there any option to check the working of the button? a simple code or something like that would help me.

I also do not need all those modes like LSDJ out, I only need mGB so is it possible to upload only the mGB Part of the Code? Will it work then?

Rhode Island

It sounds like you are drawing power from the gameboy in addition to the USB. Go back and check that your solder points are correct on the gameboy.

Germany

Okay, I'll check that out.

But the point is that mode switching still doesn't work, and the red led is always off, no matter what i do. it is correct soldered, i checked it with a blink programm.

the red led is always on, right? so why is it off on my arduinoboy? i just don't understand it...

Jyväskylä, Finland

Check your soldering and wiring again. Trust me, I had similar problem with my mode switch button. I had accidentally soldered it to wrong pin. big_smile
And neither my red LED is working but everything still works.