Arizona
rygD wrote:

I like how he is sucking the cartridge into the slot.

I didn't even notice that at first! If it was intentional, that's a nice touch...if it was accidental, it's a happy little accident.

Cincinnati, OH

That Kirby shell is the greatest thing here.

Pittsburgh

I made this DMG a few weeks ago, but I waited till now to show it off. I'm calling it the Autograph-boy. Not too hard to figure out what I'm using it for, right?
I originally made it for the members of Anamanaguchi to sign it (which two of them did), but then Sabrepulse was there too. Decided that from now on, any time I'm at a chip-related event, I'll get all artists I can get a sharpie to to sign it! Won't see too much actual use, but I thought it was fun!

› Signature closeups

Last edited by Another Castle (Dec 20, 2013 5:18 am)

Seattle, WA
Another Castle wrote:

I made this DMG a few weeks ago, but I waited till now to show it off. I'm calling it the Autograph-boy. Not too hard to figure out what I'm using it for, right?
I originally made it for the members of Anamanaguchi to sign it (which two of them did), but then Sabrepulse was there too. Decided that from now on, any time I'm at a chip-related event, I'll get all artists I can get a sharpie to to sign it! Won't see too much actual use, but I thought it was fun!

› Signature closeups

I have a chiptune signature gatherer too! Except mine is an ash ketchum hat

Santa Cruz, California
Another Castle wrote:

› Signature closeups

OH DUDE!
That shit is LIVE and DIRECT!

Found this on the webz.

Santa Cruz, California

(Just ignore this)

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Dec 20, 2013 10:43 pm)

Santa Cruz, California

Latest completion.
Not super fancy, but I think it's good enough for a beginner to play with.

Arizona
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Latest completion.
Not super fancy, but I think it's good enough for a beginner to play with.

I usually don't care for splatter paint jobs, but I'm diggin' this one.

Dallas, Texas
celsius wrote:

I feel like this is covered well enough in the previously mentioned "Post your gig/home setup" thread. I'm closing this thread but if you disagree and feel you can convince me of the merit of this thread as a separate entity then please PM me.

In my mind they are two different things. One is about a specific piece of gear and how they have modified/customized it. The other is about the grand scheme of the entire setup.  Sure on the surface they look like two of the same 'show me your stuff' thread, but the questions being asked are quite different.

Edit: woops, I didn't realize I clicked the thread normally and went to the first page of old comments tongue Oh well, I'll keep my reply here regardless.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Dec 21, 2013 5:54 am)

> Dual pro sound
> v3 variable clock
> Biverted teal backlight

Last edited by DESUMATE (Jan 5, 2014 3:27 am)

King's Lynn, UK

Picked up this GBP from a pawn shop for £10 a couple of months ago. Just got my soldering iron back after my brother borrowed it and felt the need to put in a prosound. I still haven't made room in the rear to put the back on properly, but particularly if I'm using a right angled jack, I can imagine this working quite well. I just took the speaker out entirely - it's not like I ever use it.

If I feel like making it a bit cleaner, I may fill in the remaining speaker holes and repaint it, but I'm not overly fussed about aesthetics at the moment.

Matthew Joseph Payne

inb4 someone talks shit about drilling rare gameboy colors. Looks good to me. smile

UK
HillyOTM wrote:

Picked up this GBP from a pawn shop for £10 a couple of months ago.

Was that pawn shop CashConverters by any chance? They had some GBPs for £9.99 the other day and would not drop their price.

King's Lynn, UK

it was indeed cash converters, in King's Lynn. Any time I go in they seem to get left with nothing but GBA SPs.

South Carolina

This is a gameboy that i just finished up it includes:
-white v4 backlight
-white power led
-matching grey a/b and dpad buttons
-variable clock with chrome knob and no switch

this may be for sale if the price is right, i hope you like it!!!