rygD wrote:

When you have time can you give the silicone buttons a couple test runs and let us know how they to plastic with things like very high levels of tetris and muddygb diagonal notes. With diagonals it is too sloppy for me to consistently hit the note and just that note, without hitting another first.  These being more flexible may have less of an issues with that.

Threw a pair of the buttons in my NES controller as well as in my DMG - these things are amazing, diagonals and all. Takes a little getting used to, but once you get accustomed to them you won't ever want to go back.

I told Kitsch when I got them "I want to cover them in coconut oil and do unspeakable things to them, they feel so good." I mean it, these are good. Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooddddddddd.

Last edited by thebitman (Dec 20, 2013 7:07 am)

Santa Cruz, California

So, here we go. I got parts, I got DMG's, I got ideas.

Let's troubleshoot the latest batch of bricks:

This roasted looking board came out of a $5 thrift store find... How does that even happen?

The screen that was in it was perfect, and I already put the backlight in there.

The other two screens? Uhhhh... Yeah, not so great.
Looks like someone already tried to fix the horizontal lines on this one.

This one has a ton of verts on it, but I've seen worse.

Time to get back to work.

Santa Cruz, California

BAM! I only painted this one a year ago, now it finally has parts.

Santa Cruz, California

OPINION TIME!

So I have this one. I call it R4G3 QU!T. I'm just about done carving (few more details and some cleanup work) and I'm getting it ready for paint...
Should it just be for playing games, or should I mod the shit out of it?

i think you should glue pieces of pcbs on the inside of the case for effect and protection of the real pcb.

Seattle, WA
Teh D3th St4r wrote:

OPINION TIME!

So I have this one. I call it R4G3 QU!T. I'm just about done carving (few more details and some cleanup work) and I'm getting it ready for paint...

I'm thinking you get the holes to glow red

Santa Cruz, California

I have clear acrylic that's going over the holes, the inside is going to be illuminated.
Should it be for chip or game?

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Dec 24, 2013 8:43 am)

Chip, obviously.
Why would you want a sweet piece like to go to waste? To sit in some hipsters room forever.

Teh D3th St4r wrote:

OPINION TIME!

I saw this one on your deviantart and thought it was pretty cool.  I say go all out, even if it is only used for gaming, but I agree with DESUMATE.

Maybe you could do something with a pump and blood for use during performances...if only i had the ability to make my ideas happen.  I always feel like this when coming up with ideas:

Santa Cruz, California

The back seemed a little boring. I didn't want to carve holes in that half of the case (not yet at least) because shaping the clear acrylic for the curved surface is a pain in the ass... So I went with a little battery door action.

BEHOLD!

EDIT: Better shot of the work on the door. Just remember that it's not done yet, and that more carving and a bunch of cleanup work will be done.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Dec 23, 2013 6:01 am)

Seattle, WA

that looks sick

Santa Cruz, California

I think this is a good place to stop on the battery door.
Looks good... gotta avoid overdoing it, and ruining the whole look of the piece.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Dec 23, 2013 8:58 am)

I often do weird stuff with cartridge slots.  In one of my tests I removed all plastic over the cartridge.  It doesn't seem to cause too many problems with structural integrity, and since there isn't much there to get messed up there isn't a need for acrylic.

Also, be careful.  Timmy is hiding under the front of the case.

Last edited by rygD (Dec 23, 2013 11:20 am)

Santa Cruz, California

This is going the chiptune route.
Drilled hole, introduced stereo jack... It'll look sick once I get some lights in there.

Last edited by Teh D3th St4r (Dec 23, 2013 9:10 pm)

Teh D3th St4r wrote:

Drilled hole

Looks like you kinda broke the case.  You might try being a bit more careful in the future.

Arizona

I'm really excited to see where this goes...