Litebritedeath Land

As I stated in my gear for sale thread my family has had a lot of money issues this holiday season and I was selling most my gear to help my mother out.  My stepfather did not get an Xmas bonus at all this year and in the oil field the bonus usually is an entire extra paycheck.  As some of you already know I recently received a favorable decision with my disability but it still takes months to actually kick in.  My SSI which is for low income people with disability kicks in starting in January so I will be a little more grounded this year.  My actual disability money won't start until Feb. or March.  My fiancée and our two children currently live In one room at my mothers so I did my best with what I sold to give my family some semblance of a good X-mas.  I'll be able to ship everyone's stuff starting January 1st as I'll get my SSI and my paycheck at the same time.  I wanted to apologize for the wait and let everyone know what's up.  Luckily my little boy just turned one so he won't notice that we spent more on my fiancées 3 year old daughter since she's older and expects more lol.  I've sold lots of stuff and items for $800+ on here and just wanted everyone to know I'm not out to steal your money and not deliver the stuff you have paid for.  If anyone buys my RM1X I'll ship earlier but everyone is broke this time of year.  I would list it on eBay but I quit using eBay when I was randomly chosen as someone who doesn't receive the paypal funds until a buyer leaves positive feedback even though I have over 200+ 100% feedback mostly as a seller.  That combined with their ever rising fees keeps me away.  I hope everyone understands and has happy holidays all around.

Much love

Corey Brin

Sestri Levante, Genova, Italy

Don't worry, It's not a problem for me to wait a little more.
I wish you (and your family) a merry Christmas and a happy 2014.

Litebritedeath Land
GenSek wrote:

Don't worry, It's not a problem for me to wait a little more.
I wish you (and your family) a merry Christmas and a happy 2014.

Thanks!  smile  simple kindness like yours made me smile.  I get over stressed and anxiety ridden and expect people to react negatively when in reality my mind is just working against me and everything is okay.

Alive and well in fucksville

was it that douchebag fro mexico that sold me a fake nanoloop cart? x5 something? some kid stiffed me on a ds lite. i am about to stop using ebay as well.

Last edited by bitjacker (Dec 23, 2013 6:29 pm)

Litebritedeath Land
bitjacker wrote:

was it that douchebag fro mexico that sold me a fake nanoloop cart? x5 something? some kid stiffed me on a ds lite. i am about to stop using ebay as well.

I haven't been ripped off yet but eBay giving the power to anyone with 5 feedback to deny me payment simply by never leaving feedback is a joke.  Even when people have the best intentions they won't leave feedback for days as they enjoy their new gear and I sit and wait for feedback just so my payment will finally clear to my account.  I remember getting a message about it that I was randomly selected to have to wait for feedback on $100+ items when basically that's all I've ever sold in the first place and being PO'D that my best friend who has a feedback score of around 30+ vs my 200+ 100% feedback score gets his money right away.  I sold an industrial blender to someone for around $300 and as I was waiting for my positive feedback I get a message that it was junk and wouldn't turn on and the guy was sending it back.  After replying and asking if he flipped on the switch on the back it worked perfect and I got paid.... Just not willing to risk it on top of eBay's crap fee's anymore.

I have not personally sold anything on ebay.  Family does, and I have considered it, but comments like the above make me more hesitant.

I consider myself lucky.  I haven't had too many issues as a buyer, and most sellers have been easy to talk to and usually work with me or try to help me if there is an issue.  Of the real people I have purchased from I only recall one seller who has actually lied (Richard Allen Poppe...and my issues with him were far from uncommon), although I am pretty picky and make sure my questions and concerns are addressed before buying.  Sellers usually try to make sure everything is right. 

I know there are sellers out there who try to take advantage of foolish people, and that ebay wants their cut, but holding your money because of a lack of feedback is not right.  I know I have forgotten to leave feedback before (did those people get their money?).  What about people who are idiots and didn't read or look at everything in the listing, or who don't know what they are doing?  Is ebay screwing the sellers because of those people?

Litebritedeath Land
rygD wrote:

I have not personally sold anything on ebay.  Family does, and I have considered it, but comments like the above make me more hesitant.

I consider myself lucky.  I haven't had too many issues as a buyer, and most sellers have been easy to talk to and usually work with me or try to help me if there is an issue.  Of the real people I have purchased from I only recall one seller who has actually lied (Richard Allen Poppe...and my issues with him were far from uncommon), although I am pretty picky and make sure my questions and concerns are addressed before buying.  Sellers usually try to make sure everything is right. 

I know there are sellers out there who try to take advantage of foolish people, and that ebay wants their cut, but holding your money because of a lack of feedback is not right.  I know I have forgotten to leave feedback before (did those people get their money?).  What about people who are idiots and didn't read or look at everything in the listing, or who don't know what they are doing?  Is ebay screwing the sellers because of those people?

They are screwing sellers for the most part.  I still buy on eBay all the time.  I think after something like a week passes and delivery confirmation says a product was delivered you finally get your money regardless of if they leave feedback or not.  It's still a pain in the ass and you think having 200+ 100% feedback would mean something.

Last edited by sxe_weekend (Dec 23, 2013 10:48 pm)

Columbus, Indiana

If it helps your kids have a decent/good Christmas then I'm happy. TBH I got a damn good deal and since I had very little to offer for what I wanted I was hesitant to offer it to you. In conclusion, not mad and I still feel like I got a good  deal.

/ehug

Litebritedeath Land
meanwun wrote:

If it helps your kids have a decent/good Christmas then I'm happy. TBH I got a damn good deal and since I had very little to offer for what I wanted I was hesitant to offer it to you. In conclusion, not mad and I still feel like I got a good  deal.

/ehug

Thank you!  smile this is why Kitsch is getting funds for his project to help bring something great to the community.  Most everyone here has been full of awesome and kept my spirits up during some really low points in my life.  Love all you guys/girls.  This is a great place to just chat and learn with good people.  I loathe Facebook and haven't logged into it except to login to my spotify account in months due to it triggering to many of my mental health problems.  Can't stand seeing everyone's negativity and dudes thinking that Facebook is a dating site and hitting on my fiancée on pics of her and our kids.  I can come here and just talk and joke with cool cats without all the drama.

Hey man, You still got that RM1X?

NYC
sxe_weekend wrote:

I would list it on eBay but I quit using eBay when I was randomly chosen as someone who doesn't receive the paypal funds until a buyer leaves positive feedback even though I have over 200+ 100% feedback mostly as a seller.  That combined with their ever rising fees keeps me away...

ebay is the absolute worst, greediest, unfair corporate scum on the planet earth.  I hate ebay with all my guts.  Words can't even begin to describe how unfair & greedy they are.  They are completely unfair to sellers in so many ways, but you already know that.  It's great to see that people here help support you.

Litebritedeath Land

Update for all.  I've PM'd anyone that messaged me.  I take care of a paralyzed man for a living and my only coworker spent the last week in Cancun while I worked 8 days straight.  A day at my job is a 3 part split shift 9am to 12pm, 4pm to 6pm, and 9pm to 10pm.  I've literally been pushed beyond my limits because I was the only person able to take care of the guy I work with and had to work many of the days for free as I can't get to many hours or it fucks with my disability.  I'm mentally and physically drained at the moment and Monday is the first business day I have had off since x-mas.  I almost lost my housing assistance due to not being able to make appointments because I had no choice but to work and my first disability check was $108 dollars instead of $600 because they took out almost $500 for Medicare deductibles going back to sept of 2013 which makes no sense to me personally as I was just ok'd for disability in November....  Social security failed to let me know any of this was happening and even gave me different reasons for the money being way less but the website confirmed it was for Medicare.  I'm extremely sorry for the delay and I hope everyone understands.  I'm a father of two with severe mental health problems and everything has been stacked against me lately.  I'm hoping for the best and getting all this sorted ASAP.  Thanks for your patience.

Corey