Liverpool, UK
sxe_weekend wrote:
MaxDolensky wrote:

I'm not so afraid of the possibility of dating as much as I am wedlock and child rearing.

Rather than argue about dumb things like vaccinations for infants, it would be "So are we raising him on the Nullsleep LSDJ tutorial or what?"

Hahaha me and my fiancée agree on vaccinations and are only getting the required ones for her daughter(3) and our little boy(1).  circumcision was the fun one... As someone very into tattoos and body mods I was against it completely as I see it as an unnecessary and painful procedure that everyone does to their boys because everyone else does it.  It holds to many biblical ideals for my liking and I see it as something a child can choose to remove when they are at an age where they understand what it is and if they personally feel the need for it to be removed.  Her baby Dr. Confirmed my belief of people only doing it because it's popular in society by remarking that "there is no evidence that it's healthier or better for the baby but I know I circumcised my two boys because I didn't want them peeing next to other boys and getting made fun of for looking different".  Well his stupid comments worried my fiancée into getting it done and after seeing how much pain our new little guy was in she instantly and to this day regrets.

Did you get the castration to put in your fiancée's purse before or after your son's circumcision? Fucking hell.

UK, Leicester

there's things that ya think, but don't say

then there's calmdownkidder

I think chip music is a good way to make friends but I think dating takes something deeper as other have said. I always thought it would be kind of cool to meet a girl, collaborate on something and perhaps slowly find that you have other things in common as well and maybe go from there. However, I've only met 2 girls in the chip community and both of them while extremely cool people seem to be into other girls. I have a sneaking suspicion that because the male to female ratio of chip musicians is so low that females probably feel that if they put themselves out there they'd get like tons of PM's from hormonal teenage boys that bought a gameboy, got into LSDJ, and want girls to send nude pics via game boy camera tongue.

If I am going to take a serious approach to such a topic I would say put the love of music first and collaborate with as many people as you can in order to learn and grow as a musician. You will certainly make friends, and a small percentage of them will be female, and maybe just maybe one of them will be straight and if everything goes perfect you will have a weird chip tune girlfriend that lives too far away. So how about it ladies, want to learn VGM Music Maker and make beautiful Sega Genesis music together? lolol

When I copy pasted this response to a friend of mine on skype it turned tongue into tongue. And so it now reads "and want girls to send nude pics via game boy camera tongue." Then he said "I first read "2 girls in the chip" as "2 girls 1 Chip". I think this is pretty good evidence to support that chip tune dating probably wouldn't work ha ha.

Arizona

I didn't meet my GF through chiptune, but I certainly turned her on to it. She thinks its fascinating and has said numerous times that she wants to learn how to make chip in one form or another. I know its not really the same as meeting someone already in the scene, but finding a girl who likes it and supports you making it is also rare. I've been told by many people about how much their GFs hate the music.

Chicago IL

whenever I want to date a girl, I think to myself "It needs to be someone that I'll see at events all the time after we break up"

Seattle, WA
Saskrotch wrote:

whenever I want to date a girl, I think to myself "It needs to be someone that I'll see at events all the time after we break up"

I was waiting for saskrotch to say something in this thread, and he did not disappoint.

Chicago IL

hi

2 Girls 1 dmg

I'm impressed 3 pages already exist for this. need at least 4b4 close

vancouver, canada

i only date girls that have played 30 shows or more

Milwaukee, WI

Can someone please hook me up with a chip chick?  I really want to be half of THE chiptune power couple.

Last edited by Theta_Frost (Dec 24, 2013 3:19 am)

Alpine wrote:

By the same token, I'm bothered by babies and young children with piercings, as I don't think they had a choice in the matter.

Exactly the kind of stuff I was talking about.  They are people, not dolls/toys.

detroit

inb4 close

UK, Leicester
Jredd wrote:

I have a sneaking suspicion that because the male to female ratio of chip musicians is so low that females probably feel that if they put themselves out there they'd get like tons of PM's from hormonal teenage boys that bought a gameboy, got into LSDJ, and want girls to send nude pics via game boy camera tongue.

I would be offended, but you're completely right

Just for the record I am nearing 28, and I am a Sega Genesis musician. That's a completely different kind of what the hell is wrong with you smile.