Washington

I totally agree with Reteris "likes" piss me off.

New York City

Likes are like Favourites, and they are useful. I love making al list of favourites. i can bookmark the good stuff. Remember, among piles of shit, you need to be able to do this.

If you take it as a retarded popularity contest,yes, it might piss you off. But it isn't.

Brisbane, Australia, Earth

likes=yes

charts=no

uhajdafdfdfa
AndyExpandy wrote:

likes=yes

charts=no

Yes, and still lets akira^8GB (and me, and everyone else) bookmark things. Why not have a site-wide bookmark system, to bookmark forums, tracks, etc, that you are interested in, but is only visible on your profile page?

Then it isn't easy for anyone to look at their own song and go "Woo, 50 likes/bookmarks/whatever, I am the best!", but it is easy to go to someone's profile page and see what they are into.

Just an idea! smile

̛̛̩̥̩̥̩̥̅ ̥⎬̛̛̛̛̛̥̥̩̥̩̩
AndyExpandy wrote:

likes=yes

charts=no

Actually... this

That would probably satisfy both sides of the issue
Still having the likes but detracting greatly from the popularity contest

A gray world of dread

Bookmarks Yea
Visible on track Nay
Visible in profile Yea
Charts Nay

I like to browse other people's bookmarks, it's a good way to find new music.

And while the engine isn't up yet, I still think a recommendation system based on bookmark overlaps with other users would be useful.

Will there be a quality control à la micromusic, or an "upload as much as you can" approach à la 8bc?

Imagine when the number of members is five figures and they all upload their track both here and @ 8bc...

I'm not putting any personal values into this, just curious. Especially since I've gotten the feeling this site was made as an alternative to 8bc. But maybe I'm wrong there...
I don't know. Never mind.

I really get nice vibes from here though! big_smile

Los Angeles
tRasH cAn maN wrote:

Will there be a quality control à la micromusic, or an "upload as much as you can" approach à la 8bc?

Imagine when the number of members is five figures and they all upload their track both here and @ 8bc...

I like the freedom of 8bc, and the quality of micromusic. so I say, let everyone upload... and from there do something fancy to find the gold.

FERNDALE, MI, USA
tRasH cAn maN wrote:

I'm not putting any personal values into this, just curious. Especially since I've gotten the feeling this site was made as an alternative to 8bc. But maybe I'm wrong there...
I don't know. Never mind.

I really get nice vibes from here though! big_smile

i was just thinking about this last night, i think there should be a one music upload per week per member rule. really, who is going to complain about that?

Dublin, Ireland

Tags, and the long sought after member subscription would be a big step in doing that I think

A gray world of dread

If there's going to be ANY kind of rating system, force a comment with the rating. That way, up- and downvotes have to be qualified and can even be moderated.

Edit: Plus it encourages CC

Last edited by µB (Jan 9, 2010 11:44 pm)

tokyo

Everyone uploading is cool, but here's my two cents...does it have to be on the front page? Maybe the top five or whatever could be on the front, is there really a need to have a front page? I mean at 8bc I just started ignoring the front page after awhile...

Los Angeles

Dont worry guys, things will be great! you will be happily surprised I think. smile

A gray world of dread

wif happy ending is $30

Bronx, NY

I think the popularity contest "problem" at 8bc is so overstated, because it's easy as FUCK to just ignore that aspect of things and use the Likes a a bookmarking and communal support system. So I say some sort of Likes or Favorites system works well; it's an excellent way to share your interests and tastes with folks!

New York City
freedrull wrote:

Maybe the top five or whatever could be on the front

We said nop charts, so tehre won't be a "top 5"or top anything wink

µB wrote:

wif happy ending is $30

ahahahhahahahhah!!!!