United States

I've gone mad with my lack of ability to remove all the adhesives leftover on my pockets LCD. I've actually broken two pocket LCDs because of it. My last attempt has ended with this ugly screen:

The issue is the ribbon is too tight to put my finger under easily and I've tried the old goo-gone and q-tip trick but that doesn't seem to do anything. I also have marking lines that show were i stopped peeling to get a better grasp on the film. Is there a better/cleaner way to remove the film that is required to backlight mod?

Cheers.

United States

looks like I'm not the first person to have issues with this. If you have your own method please list it below or link to older post of these methods. I did find this one online, http://mikejmoffitt.com/wp/?p=12

8) Here is the obnoxious part. There are a lot of ways to do this, but I’ll describe what worked for me once. Take a piece of paper towel the size of the LCD, and dampen (but not soak!) it, and place it onto the white backing of the LCD. Let it sit under mild pressure for 10 minutes or so.

9) After it’s soaked, CAREFULLY peel off the white layer. If any adhesive remains after you are done, use an old credit card and some 3M Adhesive Remover (or saliva, both work) to remove it with light rubbing motions. AVOID DAMAGING THE CABLES. Now, put the LCD back.