you know i hate all you guys

but i am very enthused at having searched this thread for "heavy rain" there were no results

Doom (both for the unrivaled weapon feel AND the hundreds of thousands of levels made available since)
Ultima Underworld 1 & 2
Turrican 2, Lionheart, Chaos Engine and Cannon Fodder when played on the A500 with gross waiting times
Lemmings & Oh No More Lemmings
M:TG Shandalar
UFO / Terror from the Deep / X-COM: the reboot which is surprisingly cool
Daggerfall
Vlasky
really cool game I played on Atari ST: Captive, a futuristic eye-of-the-dungeon crawler with robots
Rogue / Moria / Angband
also ToME which is the game currently pissing me off

Last edited by extreme zan-zan-zawa-veia (Jan 2, 2014 11:57 pm)

Dallas, Texas
Feryl wrote:

Edit: beat me to it lol.

Mother of god! O_O I had literally no idea. Is it just an identical port, or a different game?

Montana

It's identical but they put Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles together into one game pretty much. Like you can play through sonic 3 through Knuckles eyes.
Even though I spent like 70 hours playing this, I never got all the chaos emeralds. I really sucked at this game.

Dallas, Texas

Well, it is the same way on genesis cause the Knuckles cart had an extra cart slot on top that Sonic 3 connected into.:P  Just curious as to whether there was any levels I hadn't played yet. If it's the same game, then whatevs.

Brunswick, GA USA

There were PC ports of Final Fantasy 7 and 8 if I remember correctly, run in the right rig would blow the doors off the playstation versions (or at least had better loading times.) Only saw it played once though.

NC in the US of America
TylerBarnes wrote:
Feryl wrote:

Edit: beat me to it lol.

Mother of god! O_O I had literally no idea. Is it just an identical port, or a different game?

Haha, I thought you were trolling when you made it known you weren't aware of this. It's a port as far as I know, but from what I've heard I think it's a combined version of whatever the originals were. I've only ever played this PC version, haha. Sad that the disc got all scratched up sad((

edit: Ah i got ninja ambushed :S

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jan 3, 2014 3:24 am)

Gosford, Australia
chunter wrote:

There were PC ports of Final Fantasy 7 and 8 if I remember correctly, run in the right rig would blow the doors off the playstation versions (or at least had better loading times.) Only saw it played once though.

yeah i remember seeing these in stores
p sure you can get them on steam now though!

alley cat is a favourite smile

Springfield, MO

- Fire Emblem Series
- Final Fantasy Tactics
- Demon/Dark Souls
- To The Moon
- baten kaitos
- League of Legends (<------ rofl)

New Albany Indiana

Supper Smash Bros Melee

Sweden
TylerBarnes wrote:

Well, it is the same way on genesis cause the Knuckles cart had an extra cart slot on top that Sonic 3 connected into.:P  Just curious as to whether there was any levels I hadn't played yet. If it's the same game, then whatevs.

No new levels, but I think all of the soundtrack were general midi renditions of the originals.

We The Sick wrote:

- Fire Emblem Series
- League of Legends (<------ rofl)

Yeah dude I hate saying it too but it's good fun when you get into it. Multiplayer games I find always offer that

Alive and well in fucksville

metroid 2
super metroid

boomlinde wrote:

No new levels, but I think all of the soundtrack were general midi renditions of the originals.

Dang it; I forgot about that. Thankfully they fixed that with the Steam versions, though.

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
chunter wrote:

This would be far easier if it was favorite of a decade, favorite of a style, favorite music in a video game.

I can't do this without making a gigantic incoherent list.

exactly why i ranted off a few and said "comes to mind"

harvest moon: it's a wonderful life
good music too