CHIPTUNE

My new album cйbзя-tсaя (aka Cyber Tsar) has 61 minutes of unreleased, rare or criminal music. It's a CD packed in a floppy disk with design by Raquel Meyers. Get a copy by paypalling 12 euros to [email protected] or mail [email protected] if you don't use the service of the devil.

http://goto80.com/blog/goto80-c%D0%B9b% … a%D1%8F-cd

Sweden

CHIPTUNE

Nomad's Land

So I had this strange floppy in the mail today >>>

SEARCHING FOR $
?FILE NOT FOUND  ERROR yikes

jk, this is ridiculously awesome fun!!! Seriously, you guys don't know what you're missing out on. Congratz Goto80 for the epic hit release wink

CHIPTUNE

Thanks mister irrlicht!

So yep, I'm running out of the first batch. Get it while it's ... here!

Brooklyn NY US

so glad i got it on st. pete's event. really great thingy!

Clermont-Ferrand, France

I'll be missing your show in Paris. I'm mad.

Unsubscribe

Is there a track listing for this? My metadata ocd demands it.

matt's mind
herr_prof wrote:

Is there a track listing for this? My metadata ocd demands it.

for real.  awaiting importation...

Brooklyn NY US

Haha yes, same here -- the people demand a tracklist.

(The album is great incidentally)

Nomad's Land

Ok, here's the tracklist...

01 - Awesome Track No. 1
02 - Awesome Track No. 2
03 - Awesome Track No. 3
04 -
jk. here you go.

› Show Spoiler

Brooklyn NY US
irrlichtproject wrote:

Ok, here's the tracklist...

01 - Awesome Track No. 1
02 - Awesome Track No. 2
03 - Awesome Track No. 3
04 -
jk. here you go.

› Show Spoiler

Awesome -- thanks!

Brooklyn NY US

OK I just have to comment again on how good this is in general, but also in particular how much the programming blows my mind. I'm dying to know — what's your process like in general? It hit me when listening to this album how organic your tracks are (in general, not only on this album) — tracks evolve very naturally, there's almost no straight repetition, and really a lot of parts sound like live improvisation. Is everything tracked out? Or do you combine programmed material and live performance? Discounting vocals, I mean. I'm talking more about the instrumentation, leads, percussion, stuff like that. Sorry to fanboy out and I'm mad I never really thought to ask you this in person, but I guess I've just become somewhat enamored with our true leader the Cyber-Tsar and speaking as a loyal subject I wanted to present some humble inquiries.

CHIPTUNE

Repetition was never a good friend of mine, for bad or worse. And I've been in a deep improv-pit for the past years, doing several performances where I start with an empty tracker in front of an audience. Then you kind of have to make these long organic flows of sounds (see 2SLEEP1) instead of songs with recurring parts. So then everything is live - sound programming and composing. That defMON-tracker kind of pushed me in that direction, so this mostly goes for my C64-music.

But also with the pop stuff (mostly Amiga or Renoise), I started to do similar things. On the Breakfast EP the beta version is a kind of don't-delete-anything tracking style. And then for the main version I just removed all the bullshit. smile Other times, the songs are like this because the visuals was asking for it. Oso and Dansa In are soundtracks to C64-demos, so they were made in tandem with the visuals.

Atm, I'm trying to compose megamixes instead of songs, which is also a fun way of escaping the terror of SONG. Or, perhaps I start with a jam and then edit it and add stuff on top of it (here come the swans). Or, just track songs like a normal person.

So, uhm, my process in general = Almost everything is programmed/tracked either live or ... not live. Sometimes, mostly for quirky skweee stuff, I record some qwerty-jams live to get the right hobo feeling. It's great that Renoise can record that without strict quantization. So I don't have to spend hours on making things sound wrong...

EDIT: Just realised I already did that megamix composing thing like 10 years ago with Monkeywarning. Damnit.

Last edited by goto80 (Feb 5, 2014 5:32 pm)