Pittsburgh

OH. MY. GOD.
CAPSLOCK IS NECESSARY, THIS IS THE GREATEST THING.

Okay, one brown paper bag and some heavy breathing later, this is SO AWESOME, kitsch! GBA SP is one of my favorite consoles, and I've never been able to bring myself to harm one. Now I won't have to! Looking forward to getting as many of these babies as possible just in case they sell out (-;

matt's mind

big_smile

glad everyone is as happy as i am about them!

Do these have the fresnel film on them?  I think it really makes it work.  This seems a bit washed out.  Can you post a pic in normal lighting?

Milwaukee, WI

Awesome! big_smile

Alabama

Nice clear case on that GBC, is that a Japanese one or a third party case? I have a clear one supplied to me from a dear friend and I plan on picking up+dying another.

DSC wrote:

Can you post a pic in normal lighting?

this

also side by side with an unlit one?

Does any light bleed out around the edges of the screen?

Last edited by rygD (Jan 15, 2014 9:12 pm)

Spain

You can buy clear cases on eBay and Taobao but they're more expensive than normal colours. My suggestion for darker colour dyes is buying a translucent purple GBC case, they're like half of what is asked for true transparent shells.

About the frontlight; it looks like a normal backlight without the white diffusion layer. Like the ones that are sold on Aliexpress using Bibin's pictures.
The one on the SP had little horizontal lines that helped fill the screen with light. This made the screen clear and visible when the light is off.

I'll wait a little longer for something like the SP frontlight...

thedimitry wrote:

I'll wait a little longer for something like the SP frontlight...

Agreed.

Alive and well in fucksville

imma frontlight my dmg with this...

Taichung, Taiwan
bitjacker wrote:

imma frontlight my dmg with this...

You'll need to add a resistor.

like a voltage block? what value? what could i harvest one from?

Taichung, Taiwan
bitjacker wrote:

like a voltage block? what value? what could i harvest one from?

Like a resistor, calculate using math, radioshack.

like an equation? do you know what equation to use?

Taichung, Taiwan
bitjacker wrote:

Use google.

You're dropping from 6V to 3V I believe.

Michigan
katsumbhong wrote:
bitjacker wrote:

Use google.

Well, no. The tutorial describes connecting it to both the +5v regulated pin and to ground respectively. The worry is actually current, not voltage. Current should be very similar in each case, but I cannot vouch for exact values at this time. If anything, I can imagine the DMG as having a larger current. Start with a 330Ohm resistor and either lessen or increase to another resistor value depending on the brightness.

Taichung, Taiwan
Jazzmarazz wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

Use google.

Well, no. The tutorial describes connecting it to both the +5v regulated pin and to ground respectively. The worry is actually current, not voltage. Current should be very similar in each case, but I cannot vouch for exact values at this time. If anything, I can imagine the DMG as having a larger current. Start with a 330Ohm resistor and either lessen or increase to another resistor value depending on the brightness.

This.