Fort MItchell, KY

Here is the link I saw about this on!

http://www.djtechtools.com/2014/01/15/r … g-at-namm/

I really hope this is awesome. What are your thoughts?

The Bronx

I think it's a pretty amazing gesture toward musicians on the part of Roland and a bona fide testament to their hardware's legacies and timelessness. I do, however, wish that they'd stuck with the original color schemes.

Still. 808.

Milwaukee, WI

It's virtual analog.

Milwaukee, WI

(Sort of) Proof: http://translate.google.com/translate?h … bs%3Dqdr:d

Last edited by TSC (Jan 16, 2014 2:49 am)

Sweeeeeeden

Assuming that store has the correct information. Not that I doubt it, though.

Milwaukee, WI

I hope they are wrong, but history tells me they are very right.

Tacoma WA

so far i've seen the volca beats specs given as the new thingie.

personally i'm on the shit rolands never done a good groovebox on purpose side of the fence

Detroit

The 303 will never actually come back, the closest you're ever going to probably get is a x0xb0x unless Roland can make some sort of deal to use Moog's patented filter which they stole until Moog's patent actually went through (which is my main understanding why they haven't brought back an authentic rebuild despite the demand).

Gosford, Australia

i didn't think the 303 used the moog ladder filter
though?

anyway if these are gonna be VA you might as well just use d16's excellent VST emulations

Detroit
Victory Road wrote:

i didn't think the 303 used the moog ladder filter
though?

anyway if these are gonna be VA you might as well just use d16's excellent VST emulations

I'm paraphrasing information from a longtime 303 owner, if anything it's just nitpicking because the clones are so accurate that it doesn't even matter and literally nobody would know the difference especially after post.  At the same time I can imagine that people would legitimately throw a fit a Roland for not doing a 100% reproduction of the original specs.

Last edited by The One Electronic (Jan 16, 2014 5:07 am)

perth, WA

i take it you guys have seen this?

http://www.openmusiclabs.com/projects/x0x-heart/

if its  not the same or v similar as the originals its just cashing in on their reputation

which sucks, h8 u roland, be more like korg please

Arizona

Where does it mention anything about the 303? I for one have always wanted a 303 and have wrestled with the thought of buying a clone...

Detroit

It's speculation and hype because it just so happens to appear briefly in this Aira video so people are getting hopeful that Roland is going to bring it back.

remember the MC 303 ... lol
and the Jupiter 80
and the SH 201

roland are probably gonna produce some tacky digital poo and give it the same name as a thing people liked to try and trick you into buying it

which sucks becuase if they made faithful reproductions of the 303/606/808/909 and sold them for a sensible price they would make a killing

Abandoned on Fire

Probably gonna be a controller plus software combo.