Parts Unkown

uXe I am down and would love to collaborate on this!

Believe it or not the project I am currently working on is something very similar but with regards to syncing the nesk-1 and cynthcart. I am working on updating the cynthcart code to send an 8 bit value out through the c64's user port.  Then update the nesk-1 code to read that value through the nes controller.

I like the On/Off & Note # format you mentioned, and it would totally work for both projects.

Just brainstorming but would you be able to send a second value out? Then we could use controller 2 to change some settings via midi as well.

This is why I wanted the 'beatbox' cart.  I was going to sync it via MCTRL.

Melbourne, Australia
HeavyW8bit wrote:

uXe I am down and would love to collaborate on this!

Awesome!! big_smile

HeavyW8bit wrote:

Just brainstorming but would you be able to send a second value out? Then we could use controller 2 to change some settings via midi as well.

Yes, emulating two controllers at once shouldn't be a problem at all - in fact, with the extra I/O of something like an Arduino Mega attached to 6 shift registers you could emulate all four controllers and the Four Score interface itself at the same time!

Sync with cynthcart sounds exciting too! Another project I had in mind was using the Family Basic keyboard for a NES-based cynthcart-type synth! smile