Sestri Levante, Genova, Italy

Is it normal that I bought an item one month ago from a forum member and still he hasn't ship to me?
I mean, I'm a guy who try to understand other people's problems, and I don't care 'bout wait a little more 'cause the price was very good and I love that thing, but, one month for simply go to the post office and send a little thing it don't seem to me so difficult, maybe it's me...
he wrote "tomorrow" and then nothing, he wrote "monday" and then nothing, too many times nothing imho.
Am I wrong?
I'm relatively new in sell/trade things on forums, but this is a very special place for me, I want to believe in peoples over this place, but this thing puzzled me, I don't know what to do, I don't want to open a dispute with this guy, I think he's a good guy, but time passes and I begin to lost interest in that item I bought from him and other things are interesting me so...
I'm not a rich boy, I work all day as a metalworker, money are few but my passion for making (ugly) music is big.
Sincerely, I absolutely don't want to be bad and I don't want to hurt nobody, I hope yet.
Sorry for the outburst.

Last edited by GenSek (Jan 22, 2014 7:52 am)

ok did you pay with paypal (/ ebay)?

because if you paid with paypal you have 45 days from the day that you paid for you to get your money back via paypal

in which case you should

1) contact the seller, say "send me the thing or im going to file a paypal complaint"
2) if the seller doesnt reply in a good way, file a paypal complaint before the 45 days is up https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c … laint-view

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Your post caught my eye because I have been in your shoes myself. It sucks, and not so much as the money but because of the trust that is lost.
  Each situation is different, so there is no 'right' thing to do. If things go bad on Ebay there are some protections and at least you can try to recover something. But Ebay is a marketplace where people are 'buyers' and 'sellers', more business like. Deals made on  a forum are harder.
   Everyone has problems/distractions, and sometimes they can overwhelm people. So I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt and try to work things out. It's very hard to motivate someone to do what they agreed to, if they 'don't feel like it'; there is only so much you can do with a keyboard. If over time you feel that the deal was just a 'scam', other people need to know but you will still be the loser. It is a shame that some people are jerks, but that's life!
   The few times I have been burned, in the end I didn't get a refund or the thing I had bought. I have come to feel there is very little recourse if I can't resolve things with the seller, so for my own peace of mind, I have to accept the facts and move past the anger. But by all means, others should be aware of the situation, for their own protection
   Sorry, my little bit of advice won't clear up the mess you're in, just trying to say life's too short to let something like this eat you up.
Yogi

matt's mind

have you checked their rating here to see if others have had a previous bad experience?  the rating thread is pinned in the for sale/trade section

the policies PayPal has set up for users in your country will determine what you have the ability to do to remedy the situation.  i'm assuming you have buyers protection, meaning you should be able to first make a claim in the 'resolution center' which alerts PayPal that there is an issue (and stops the clock from counting down to when you need to take this action), and also allows you to raise the issue to a dispute if you are unable to work things out through the Resolution Center.  then PayPal will decide for you, which is pretty easy in this case because step 1 the seller will have to do is provide a package # they can reference and assure it has been shipped.  if they haven't done this, they'd have nothing verifiable to provide to them.  case closed, you'll get your money back.  going through the resolution center is good too, because all the communication will then be done through the PayPal messaging system, and the case worker will review this during their decision-making process, and responses like that (and repeatedly missing deadlines) only strengthens your case

hope you can get it worked out though!  life can get tough sometimes, consider that your seller might be having a rough go of it lately.  happens a lot over the holiday time it seems.  i'd keep trying until the day before you are allowed to still file a complaint in the resolution center, and then take that action and go through that process.

Thank you for your answers!
I've take a look at his previous feedback before pay him and they're positive, but I was very sure bacause he's a very well known member, he did a lot of sell/buy/trades on this place.
I've sent him one more pm. If I'll not have a good answer I should contact paypal.

Last edited by GenSek (Jan 22, 2014 6:11 am)

I've been finally refunded, I knew he's a nice guy, but definitely he's not the best seller over this place.

glad things worked out for you :-)

Alive and well in fucksville

I had to send the dogs after a guy last month for keeping his ds and my $50

Playboy Man-Baby
bitjacker wrote:

I had to send the dogs after a guy last month for keeping his ds and my $50

They let you send dogs in the mail?

Sweeeeeeden

Dogs? They only let you send bobcats, or so I've heard.

Anyway, closed.