http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintendo-Wo … 7675.l2557

yeah right.  Expensive even for my tastes.

And I thought the starting price was high...

Last edited by rygD (Jan 27, 2014 7:25 am)

NYC

Holy crap!!!  sleazebay just got a lot richer.

Arizona

But what is it...?

Sweeeeeeden
Limitbreak wrote:

But what is it...?

It's a competition cartridge which Nintendo used for competitions on game fairs and similar events.

Playboy Man-Baby

Maybe if it were the gold one, but even that wouldn't warrant that much money.

Just imagine if they spray painted it gold...

Boston
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

Maybe if it were the gold one, but even that wouldn't warrant that much money.

Im interested to see what this one goes up to
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NES-Nintendo-Wo … 1253143194

Guess I could rub a couple of nickels together and place a bid!  big_smile

"The highest bidder backed out of the sale after the auction, claiming his two year old made the bid accidentally." -Wikipedia

UK, Leicester

my mum emailed me the BBC article on it a day or two ago, I was waiting for it to be posted here

I'm not asking for a link, but I imagine that the rom of this has already been dumped, so unless you're a diehard collector, I don't really see the point of owning it, other than bragging rights

Arizona

Dear god, I just saw the amount of the winning bid...

New York
Alpine wrote:

my mum emailed me the BBC article on it a day or two ago, I was waiting for it to be posted here

I'm not asking for a link, but I imagine that the rom of this has already been dumped, so unless you're a diehard collector, I don't really see the point of owning it, other than bragging rights

Yup, dumped and reproduced.
RetroZone used to sell reproductions with the dip switch.

SLC, UT

Crap like this pisses me off. The seller will NEVER get anywhere near this kind of money for this, every major news outlet reports this with the headline "Nintendo game sells for $98,000" and then every moron with an nes and a copy of Mario bros/duck hunt thinks they're sitting on a pile of gold. Then I as a retro gamer/hobbiest collector has to deal with these people. Value is pretty hard to put a price tag on, just because I'm willing to pay $1,000 for my wedding pictures doesn't mean they're worth that much to someone else.

Good lord...
Reminds me of some of the ultra-rare 2600 carts like Birthday Mania.
Maybe if I had billions of dollars of expendable income (as if I would know what expendable income is), I could give casual thought to possibly maybe placing a bid.

Imagine if the cart were pristine O_O

chicago

WTF? Haha, that's like a 10k cart.  I guess the 'infamous mario' scribble nets another 90k?  That or something is fucking with ebay/price watchers.