Hi Chipmusic.org!

I just created a blog to share what I think about the awesome chiptunes album we have these days! I don't know if I'm at the right spot to share it here but I hope.

My first review was Serket by Positive Infinity : http://paxl13.wordpress.com/2014/01/29/ … -infinity/

I hope you like it. I'll update this thread when I post new article!

Cheers,
paxl13

Good job.
But still, i can't really make anything out of the review, other than how good and real it sounds.
I was done reading it in less then one and a half minute. And that's not much for a 9 track release by individual artist.
You could have go way more deep into each track and the artist who made it.
So far only one song is briefly mentiont without even talking about the person behind it. If i remember right.

After typing this on my mobile i don't even remember the review that well. And that's also not a good sign.

rochester, ny
9-Heart wrote:

Good job.
But still, i can't really make anything out of the review, other than how good and real it sounds.
I was done reading it in less then one and a half minute. And that's not much for a 9 track release by individual artist.
You could have go way more deep into each track and the artist who made it.
So far only one song is briefly mentiont without even talking about the person behind it. If i remember right.

After typing this on my mobile i don't even remember the review that well. And that's also not a good sign.

meh, i disagree. this was definitely decent with actually a lot of good info crammed into a pretty short review. yeah, the reviewer could have gone "way more deep into each track" but not every review needs to be that long, with paragraphs about each song.

also - "So far only one song is briefly mentiont without even talking about the person behind it. If i remember right." several songs are mentioned and the people are mentioned too.

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

A review of your review:
It was good, there is a lot of information in a short space. However, //as a journalist [such cringe, wow]// I'd suggest paying more attention to flow and pace, mixing up sentence structure, basically making it a more interesting read, as well as being careful about mixing abstract concepts into descriptions as not everyone will understand what you're chatting. ALSO don't be afraid to be more critical, though as you state it's a blog to talk about 'awesome chiptune albums' I'm assuming it's less critique and more PR back-patting? NOT THAT THAT'S BAD, it's just a completely different style to a review, and if you ARE going to go the PR route it might be wise to follow some of 9-Hearts advice on depth. (Though I've always contested that no review or summation of music needs to be longer than 500 words, and if it is you're not being succinct enough, so don't go overboard!)
If you ever want a proof-reader hit me up, I'm always happy to help with that sort of thing!

Last edited by AndrewKilpatrick (Jan 31, 2014 11:28 pm)

Hi everyone!

I must say I'm pleased that everyone is saying that my review is not so bad ;-) I confess that was the first time in my life that I was writing a review for something let alone for music so this is the beginning I guess!

I realize that my review doesn't add much to what you would be able to be found on the web. I'll try to be more critical and explain why I love something more in detail like 9-Hearts was advising me. I'll also try to drop the informal tone and use a more friendly tone to get the things more interesting.

Thanks a lot for the reviews on my review, that kind of constructive criticism is the only way I'll be able to get better! My next review will still be more informal since it's almost done but I'll get better over time I'm sure!

Cheers
paxl13

Edit : changed a bit how things sounded! :-)

Last edited by paxl13 (Feb 1, 2014 2:17 pm)

Hi guys,

My second review is done. It's about Preschtale by C-Jeff :
http://paxl13.wordpress.com/2014/02/02/ … by-c-jeff/

Cheers,
paxl13

ps: Anyone who could review my review, go ahead, it is really useful to me, thanks big_smile

Last edited by paxl13 (Feb 3, 2014 2:04 am)