Brooklyn, NY, USA

Hey, I don't know if this is the right subforum for this, but do you guys know how I can record LSDJ through Gambatte on OS X such as through WAV or AIFF files?

It's an Early 2009 Mac Pro with some internal upgrades. My OS is 10.8.5. This is my computer specs as far as audio is concerned:

Devices:

Built-in Line Input:

Input Channels:    2
  Manufacturer:    Apple Inc.
  Current SampleRate:    44100
  Transport:    Built-in

Built-in Digital Input:

Built-in Output:

Output Channels:    2

Built-in Line Output:

Built-in Digital Output:

Display Audio:

Default Input Device:    Yes
  Default Output Device:    Yes
  Default System Output Device:    Yes
  Input Channels:    1
  Transport:    USB

MobilePre:

Manufacturer:    M Audio
  Transport:    USB

I tried recording through Logic Express, Quicktime and Audacity but the only way I was able to record from my Mac Pro was output from the headphone jack through the M Audio MobilePre Preamp. There has to be a more direct way. Do any of you guys have any ideas?

Last edited by Iron Curtain (Feb 6, 2014 3:44 pm)

Unsubscribe

Try soundflower?

http://www.wikihow.com/Record-Applicati … oundflower

Brooklyn, NY, USA

Thanks! Will do after I get back from gym!

Taichung, Taiwan

Audcacity.

Philadelphia

I was trying to do the same and settled on using KiGB instead of Gambatte
KiGB lets you do that direct, theres an option in there for recording sound right out of the emulator to a WAV file.
You could just import you lsdj battery sav to KiGB. Just an option.

edit: example song I ripped from lesser-known Japanese game RPG maker (gbc): http://closetogood.com/rpg-maker-battle-2.wav

Last edited by CloseToGood (Feb 6, 2014 4:20 pm)

Unsubscribe

the cool thing about soundflower is that you can record in realtime into your daw, and add realtime effects as you track/compose

Canada

I like gambatte better on mac. Sometimes, though, certain wav passages won't play (not sure why this is... they were a lower register and involved lots of programming). I still use it, and just use wiretap pro to grab the audio. I'll have to try out soundflower! Sounds neat.

Sweeeeeeden

If you want to go the extra mile (kilometer) you could set up Wine and run BGB. Wine on OSX is a bit of a hassle as far as I remember, but BGB should officially work in Wine, and it can record directly to a wav file.

Boston
nitro2k01 wrote:

If you want to go the extra mile (kilometer) you could set up Wine and run BGB. Wine on OSX is a bit of a hassle as far as I remember, but BGB should officially work in Wine, and it can record directly to a wav file.

I use Crossover for BGB.It makes Wine on OS X really simple.

Canada

Parallels is my go to windows emulation. I've never used BGB in it, though.

Brooklyn, NY, USA
nitro2k01 wrote:

Wine is a non-starter. I tried so hard to get it to work on OS X but I never could because the MACWINE project couldn't keep up with the rate at which Apple kept updating OS X.

Brooklyn, NY, USA

Okay, so I chose KiGB and output to WAV directly from there. Thanks for all your help, guys!

Last edited by Iron Curtain (Feb 7, 2014 12:04 am)