Cleveland, OH

Check out this awesome walk through by Max Dolensky of ohmnohmnohm.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tSAm7mhu-k

Unsubscribe

Please please please consider a fully enclosed version.

BOSTON
herr_prof wrote:

Please please please consider a fully enclosed version.

^ this. one hundred times this.com

though ill almost certainly still get the current version anyway

Cleveland, OH

I understand the desire for a true case. This way just seemed more cost effective and compact. Plus I really like the way it looks! I will definitely keep this in mind for the future but it would likely be a long way off.

Last edited by thursdaycustoms (Feb 14, 2014 2:11 pm)

Cleveland, OH

It's going on sale exactly at noon today!
http://thursdaycustoms.com/product/usb-boy

United States

wow this took almost 4 years to be built. That's crazy.

Still debating if I need one of these. I've never wanted to use a DAW, but the LSDJ Keyboard from Midi could be fun.

Cleveland, OH

You can also use USB keyboards and such.

Unsubscribe
thursdaycustoms wrote:

I understand the desire for a true case. This way just seemed more cost effective and compact. Plus I really like the way it looks! I will definitely keep this in mind for the future but it would likely be a long way off.

Well its a matter of looks versus functionality. The design wouldnt hold up very well under gigging conditions im afraid. Product looks great though!

Czech republic

Nice! Does it also output standard midi on teensy uart? Or: would it be hard to tweak the code for it?

Alabama

Just want to say that I have tested this thing rigorously - thrown it in bags, used it for live shows. Using it in a friend's Ableton setup was literally plug and play right before a live show. Will upload footage in a bit after I get home from school.

This is THE go-to USB device for Gameboys. Literally plug and play, worthy of a spot in my home setup.

Cleveland, OH
ashimoke wrote:

Nice! Does it also output standard midi on teensy uart? Or: would it be hard to tweak the code for it?

I believe you would have to build your own for that. The guys at noizeinabox could probably answer this better.

Alabama
thursdaycustoms wrote:
ashimoke wrote:

I believe you would have to build your own for that. The guys at noizeinabox could probably answer this better.

It does not output standard MIDI by default, the code on the Teensy is rather heavily modified to fit the USB standard. HOWEVER I have been looking into supporting both USB and standard MIDI jacks and it SEEMS to be possible. I'm not sure if it would use a Teensy 2.0 vs the ++ or 3.0 model, but there should be adequate resources to make such a project in the future. If I had extra money to throw around I'd be all over this but I have a few other projects occupying my time. I know noiseinabox would have more to say about this!

Cleveland, OH

11 of 50 USB-Boys are sold. That's just the first 2 days of them being available. If you want one I highly recommend you move quickly!

Madriz, Supain

Does it work with usb-midi controllers? hows the latency on that? Im really dying to play "keyboard dmg" live

Cleveland, OH
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

Does it work with usb-midi controllers? hows the latency on that? Im really dying to play "keyboard dmg" live

I have not personally tried it with USB controllers/keyboards but I have to imagine it will work. I'll get back to you on this ASAP.
Does your controller have an external power source or is it powered via USB?

Alabama

I have successfully used a USB keyboard with a laptop to play my Gameboy. You can't simple use a MIDI controller due to power source neccessity and the general lack of choice over what MIDI channel to operate on. You need to use a DAW or similar software as a middleman, but latency shouldn't be an issue.