Los Angeles

yes ive been reading and searching but Im not clear if this setup will work or not.

I want to have 1 nanoloop synched with 1 lsdj with another lsdj running the midi sequences  to 2 midi instruments.

Is this possible with one arduinoboy? really its just the nanoloop and 2nd midi instrument that im not sure about.

Unsubscribe

If the arduinoboy is running as a midi sequencer, you cannot sync devices BUT a hacky workaround is if one of the midi devices has the ability to be a midi master (or sync 24 master) and can accept tap tempo via midi cc or notes, you can have the gameboy send tap tempo messages to the midi device running as a master.

Los Angeles

i want to sync a microbute with volca beats.
is 2 arduinoboys an option if one is the midi sequencer and the other sync?

Last edited by dasid (Feb 14, 2014 11:13 pm)

Los Angeles

or I could just manually sync the lsdj/nanoloop setup I already have with the arduinoboy lsdj controlling the midi synths...?

Unsubscribe

manually sync meaning hitting plat at the same time? Yes. Otherwise you cant do sequencer and sync at the same time.

Los Angeles

ya play at same time. cool thanks for the info. ya I'll figure out what I can and can't do with it as soon as I actually get one in my hands tongue

Los Angeles

oh ya also, so I need to have abelton in order to access the MAXPAT editor?

To run the Arduinoboy editor you can use the free "Max Runtime" which you can download from http://cycling74.com/downloads/runtime/.

If, for some reason, you need to actually modify the Arduinoboy editor, you'll need the full version of Max. However, Max/MSP has a completely functional 30-day trial so you could do what you need to in those 30 days.

Last edited by rjungemann (Feb 16, 2014 6:21 am)

Los Angeles

ahh sweet. just what I needed smile thanks