Or i guess according to the moderators and administrators of this site a turd that should just leave the site. about 8 days ago, My "famous" gold game boy was going to end. So I posted a new thread with a time update. I updated the time a couple of times... no big deal... and then a couple of users on this site decided it would be fun to post stupid things aimed against me. "I want to hurt myself." "I wouldn't count on it." A few other posts that just weren't very classy. So because these users were being mean, I decided to post something to troll them back. I posted "Hey guys I just want to let you all know... I dropped a 2 foot long turd this morning." Yeah yeah... immature? sure it was. But was it mean or harmful in any way? NO! So a minute later I can't find my thread. I post a new one with the time update on my auction. I can't find it again... I post another one... this time Im banned for one week.... Yep. I just want to say to whoever banned me that I did nothing that was any worse that the other users were doing. If anyone should have been banned it should have been the other users. Yet, I was banned. A couple of weeks ago one of the moderators had the gall to tell me that the other users didn't like me and that I should shape up. I was being attacked by a lot of users on my first thread. I retaliated with "you guys are a bunch of jerks." and apologized for it. A few of the users kept giving me crap. Yet I'm the one who gets contacted with the lecture about how other people didn't like me and I need to learn the ways of the website.

This is a warning to any other potential sellers. Don't advertise anything your selling on this site unless its dirt cheap. If you retaliate at all with something smark in return for smark you will be banned for a week.

The moderator who banned me may or may not represent the rest of the moderators of the site. But just be cautious.

This is basically my farewell letter. I'm leaving this site, at least for now. To those of you who supported me during the sale, thank you I appreciate it. To those of you who just trolled me and toyed to ruin my sale and my reputation for everyone else... please think about the harm you cause others like me when you do that.

Especially you, Katsumblog.

Thank you.

Last edited by americasteam7 (Feb 16, 2014 6:49 am)

TSSBAY01

meh

.FILTHadelphia

Minneapolis

I think I need a 10 foot pole...

UK, Leicester

to be honest, you were trying to make a large amount of money off of a DMG that you hadn't put that much effort into at all. I'm not saying that what the members here did was acceptable, im just saying you know fuck all about the stuff that goes on here, so trying to sell a DMG for that much was a stupid idea.

Alabama

I genuinely hope your scars heal, that halfassed Gameboy stays in your possession, and that eventually you'll learn your lesson.

Cheers.

Riverside, CA

bed

Seriously thought you were trolling by the 3rd thread.

United States
americasteam7 wrote:

This is a warning to any other potential sellers. Don't advertise anything your selling on this site unless its dirt cheap.

This is incorrect, which shows you still don't understand the reaction the community took. The point is, do your research, know the product and value it at an appropriate price. Since this community has a huge amount of modders, we are not going to fall for your over priced mods. You were trying to sell a mod to a community that creates these mods, how do you expect to get away with pricing it incorrectly.

In any case, we welcome potential sellers, just do your research.

Also, no one wants you to leave, no one told you to leave, we just wanted you to see your mistake and move on. You're just drawing attention to yourself because if you weren't, you wouldn't label this with the "GOLD DMG" guy to draw eyes to the post. But Cheers mate.

Last edited by John Riselvato (Feb 16, 2014 2:23 pm)

King's Lynn, UK

Maybe this could call for some sort of appraisals thread/forum section, so that those with less experience of the market could benefit from the advice of other users on how to price their items. I've seen it done on other forums, and though they don't HAVE to follow the advice given, it does perhaps give them a ballpark figure to work with, before deciding whether or not it is worth them selling.

sprusr wrote:

Were you the one that banned me? lol

Gosford, Australia

FWIW i often find that chipmusic prices are lowballed compared to collector prices. at least for dem gameboyz.

but then again a collector probably won't want a unit that's been modded and painted on.

Sweeeeeeden
americasteam7 wrote:

You can click the link "View Forum Moderators" at the bottom of the page to see all the current moderators. So no, it wasn't sprusr. And no, it wasn't me either.

bed
americasteam7 wrote:
sprusr wrote:

No, but I did say 'I want to hurt myself'. Not so much aimed at you, more the fact that after two other threads had been deleted, you still didn't get that nobody really wanted to buy a golden gameboy. This is an internet forum, so please don't take too much offence.
Although what I said still stands.

This is a perfect example of the hate here.

Unsubscribe

This forum is having a tough valentines weekend.