Gloucester, United Kingdom

Nonfinite v5 Backlights in both, and "Prosounded" with an added 3.5mm on each.

The Emerald one is noticeably brighter than the Pumpkin one!

I understand these are supposed to be much brighter now.  Is the additional brightness useful?  I would think it might get tiresome for the peepers.

Finland

I have a white V4, it doesn't strain my eyes. Blue and red V4's however is horrible on my ol' eyeballs. I can only expect the V5's would be even worse in that regard. Lovely though, I'm sure. smile

I thought they might be better in sunlight, but if you are going to be outside during the day you can probably skip the backlighting.

CA

My first proper mod (I've only done some backlighting and frontlit one gbc before). This one has pro sound and custom painting. Front light from Kitsch, with 400 something Ohm resistor it's actually not bad. IMO if you use a gbc for chiptune exclusively - you don't need a better front light.

I can see some stains on the FL panel. Have no idea how did they get there, I was wearing gloves and using air duster all the time. But this one's for chiptune only, so no biggie.

Last edited by friendofmegaman (Feb 18, 2014 11:32 pm)

Santa Cruz, California

Here's a pair of GBA's I just got done with.
One is mine (obviously) and the other went to my local independent videogame store.

Stay tuned... Got a Pokédex GBA sp mod coming up.

Spain

Beautiful SP there, mate!

I assembled a two-tone backlit original GBA last night, have a look:

SLC, UT

Hey that's great! I've always wondered, how does the screen of a backlit GBA compare to a micro? I really like the form factor of them.

Spain

Can't really tell. There's real SP AGS-101 vs. Chinese AGS-101 screens comparisons though! Remember seeing a couple of them on the official backlit AGB-001 thread on GBATemp.

CA

Yet another amateur production of mine, second mod to be precise. Doesn't look as good as I hoped, but works.

I added light to Start and Select buttons, but positioned LED incorrectly so that Start glows much brighter than select (someday perhaps I'll fix that, but now I just want to finally use the guy as is).

Another mistake I made is position of toggle switch for pitch mod. Toggle and pot should be swapped, because in order to close the thing I had to bend the pins of the switch.

I'm glad it works and also it was a great lesson learned. The next one will be way better... (but most likely not, lol).

This guy has backlight from HandHeldLegend, pitch pcb from ThursdayCustoms, lens from ASMRetro, buttons and pro sound jack from Kitsch. "Arts" were done using AirSick stencils.

Last edited by friendofmegaman (Feb 18, 2014 11:32 pm)

hiding under your bed

[post redacted]

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Mar 31, 2014 4:16 am)

Detroit

Did you actually get your hands on that

hiding under your bed

[post redacted]

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Mar 31, 2014 4:15 am)

SLC, UT
thedimitry wrote:

Can't really tell. There's real SP AGS-101 vs. Chinese AGS-101 screens comparisons though! Remember seeing a couple of them on the official backlit AGB-001 thread on GBATemp.

Where did you get the adapter cable from? I can find the sp screens, but not the cable. Also is this a clear case or an 'arctic' clear-blue case? I think I'm going to try one of these!

nowhere in particular

New DMG! Courtesy of Greightbit again.

Here's my first one: http://chipmusic.org/forums/post/185472/#p185472

And here's my new one:

And here they are together:

They're ever so beautiful!

You can't tell in the photos really, but the black/red one has a chrome screen bezel and the blue/clear one has silver. They look quite different in real life.

The black/red one is my LSDJ machine. The blue/clear one is my nanoloop machine. (YES! I NEED TWO MACHINES DAMMIT!!!)

The black/red one doesn't have a biverted screen, whereas the blue/clear one does. I've realised this is the opposite of what I should have had really. Nanoloop is easier to read without a biverted screen, and LSDJ is easier to read with a bivert mod. Oh well, I can always swap the carts over, even if they won't colour match anymore...

matt's mind
friendofmegaman wrote:

what type of paint is this?  that looks really really good