Milwaukee, WI

I am one of those people who hold out/wait to hear it in person as well, but is there really much of a difference when the videos are 1080p HD/high bitrate?

I mean, really.

Really really.

Unsubscribe

Yea id chalk it up to more the demo guy not showing me what I want to hear vs YouTube audio quality.

/dev/sda2

I have no faith in Roland at this point.  I'd rather just get a x0xb0x or something, and samples. Maybe MSSIAH and 8580 SID smile

Milwaukee, WI

Never forget.

Milwaukee, WI

@2:13 0_o What the hell did he actually just do?

San Diego
TSC wrote:

@2:13 0_o What the hell did he actually just do?

I dunno but don't forget reggae for the Rasta man.

Milwaukee, WI
Vile wrote:

Don't forget reggae for the Rasta man.

This is my vote for the new CM.o word bubble.

Austin, TX

I pretty much bought an MC-505 entirely because of that promo tape.

All the presets are so charmingly bad.

Unsubscribe

At least the Egyptian lover is psyched.

http://www.matrixsynth.com/2014/02/new- … s.html?m=1

Finland
jbuonacc wrote:

DKSTR is one of the more "professional" artists on this forum...

yeah, i totally feel that from his posts.

based on what i've seen, his opinion carries no weight with me.

Thats cool by me, I do my thing, you yours. What I meant (as stated by herrproff already), hardware really is a combination of UI and sound. TB3 fucks up the tried and true 16 step sequencer AND other things of original TB-303. I dont really care about the TB3, its a cash in for "producers" music that was a fad and should stay like that (I like acid but really theres enough of it).

TR-8 has the original UI with improvements but as I stated, it looks batshit ugly and VA. Hard to say about the sound, but Id rather have a "real 808" like Yocto or Miami or just go happily with samples on my MPC. I also keep wondering why couldnt they do it like Korg and release a 33% smaller exact copy of 808.

So that leaves the synth, which im kinda interested in, but having used a hardware VST box, Microkorg and tons of other VA synths, I see problems.

Ive had fair bunch of gear and my first thing was Roland MC-303, which is pretty much the most hated machine on the planet. But I had fun with it and did my stuff proudly. But now if I would like 303 I would get Bassbot for same price as the silly ass touchpad device by original company. Miami is little bit more expensive than TR8 and thats why I hope they go down with the price since all the hipster kids will probably eat this Roland bullshit.

What kind of gear you have used/owned?

United States
DKSTR wrote:

TB3 fucks up the tried and true 16 step sequencer

lol idk about that... you mean the same sequencer that almost every clone and reproduction gets rid of because it's a fuckin pain in the ass to use?

DKSTR wrote:

But now if I would like 303 I would get Bassbot for same price as the silly ass touchpad device by original company.

the TB3 is $300, the Bassbot is $700.

Last edited by Boner (Feb 17, 2014 5:13 am)

Finland
Boner wrote:
DKSTR wrote:

TB3 fucks up the tried and true 16 step sequencer

lol idk about that... you mean the same sequencer that almost every clone and reproduction gets rid of because it's a fuckin pain in the ass to use?

DKSTR wrote:

But now if I would like 303 I would get Bassbot for same price as the silly ass touchpad device by original company.

the TB3 is $300, the Bassbot is $700.

My mistake on on price. Part of the charm of 303 is the fucking pain in the ass UI, acid music was made with pretty random patterns. Actually the whole thing is just a beautiful mistake.

United States

yeah i know i have one

Finland
Boner wrote:

yeah i know i have one

You have actual 808 or 303?

Tacoma WA

bummer no CV anythings.  could be cool but not for me.

Gosford, Australia

i have an actual 303 and the sequencer isn't all that bad. definitely convoluted, like having to set notes and articulation seperately n all that. don't see how touchpads are supposed to help but MIDI in and automated legato/porta is great (which is why i usually just use the phoscyon VST)