Hey everyone. So I am having problems transferring my LSDj files from my computer to my cart. I have been able to in the past but it's no longer working. The computer reads that the cart is connected and transferring program recognizes it, but when I "write" it does transfer anything. I am able to save on my cart just not transfer. Any ideas of what it could be? Help please.

Taichung, Taiwan

Can you be more specific so we can zero in on what can be done to fix it?

On the GB_USB program that allows you to transfer LSDj file from comp to cartridge... thats where the problem lies. My comp recognizes that my cart is plugged in but when I go to "write" whats on my computer to my cart and when I check it's not there. I plugged in my cart in my DMG and saved a random bit to make sure my GB is saving and it is, I just cant transfer from my comp to cart. Im sure the drivers are installed correctly and I tried downloading the newest version of GB_USB but nothing works.

Philadelphia

Does it give you an error message while writing or freeze at all? Also, what is your OS version?

I am running windows 7 64 bit. It does not freeze at all or show any error most of the time. There was this one time where after the transfer was done it said disconnected error 31 I believe. It doesn't do it anymore though.

Philadelphia

Try using these drivers https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1uyo6kf7bmn7 … modded.zip and see if it works.

Will do. What is different about those drivers?

I tried it and it didnt work sad
It's either the GB_USB program or something is wrong with the micro USB function on the cartridge.

Alabama

I used to have an issue with one of my old carts where it seemed like it no longer read or wrote to the cart despite the program telling me it did. The cart was the issue, not the program hmm hopefully your luck is better than mine

I'm starting to believe it is the cart. hmm

Philadelphia

Maybe it's the battery?

NYC

Try formatting the cartridge a couple of times.  Then try it again.  Just in case, try working in the Windows special mode that disables driver signature enforcement.  Reboot Windows, & before it starts to boot up, keep pressing the F8 button a whole bunch of times nonstop.  A special menu with many options will show up.  The last option is "disable driver signature enforcement".  Pick that, & it will boot Windows.  Oh, if you see the Windows logo show up & you didn't get the menu, you started pressing F8 too late.  Reboot & try again.

If you say that it worked for you before, then this probably won't make a difference.  It's worth a shot though, just in case.  Also, maybe try a different USB cable???  And don't touch it while it's transferring.  Ultimately, it's best to have a 64MB USB cartridge if you don't have one already.

SubWooferSpecial, I don't think it's the battery because I have a file that is saved on the cart, it's just rubbish to make sure that the game would save. 3mdymion, I will try that, but I have tried with another usb cable, I never touch while transferring, and I do have the 64MB USB cartridge. Thanks everyone, I will get back to you after I have tried this out.

It did not work 3ndymion. I'm going to try to reinstall everything

Michigan

are you clicking "write sram"?

clicking "write" wont transfer your .sav to the cart.

Michigan

i could be wrong, but when i transfer savs to and from my laptop, im always clicking either "write sram" or "read sram"

i think that clicking "write" only works on .gb files. that could be why its being screwy.