Rochester, NY

i'll get back to you in more detail on the other points that you've brought up, but i can copy/paste an answer to this one real quick:

DKSTR wrote:

What kind of gear you have used/owned?

(i might be forgetting a few...)

Roland SH-101
Roland Juno-106
Sequential Six-Trak
Roland MC-202
Suzuki SX-500 (Siel) synth expander module
Roland Juno-60 and JSQ-60 sequencer
Ensoniq ESQ-m
Ensoniq ESQ-1
Yamaha TG-33
Casio CZ-101
Waldorf Micro-Q
Korg Wavestation SR
Novation K-Station
Clavia Nord Modular G2
Nanoloop 1.2 (x2)
LSDj

Boss DR-550mkII
Roland TR-626
Roland TR-505
Sequential Drum-Traks
Oberheim DX
Korg DDM-110 and DDM-220
Boss DR-110
Roland R-8
Roland R-8m module (w/ cards)
Roland TR-707
Casio RZ-1
Korg DDD-1
Elektron Machinedrum UW mkII
Korg midi drum module (MD-16?)

Boss SP-202
Zoom SampleTrak ST-224
Casio FZ-20m sampler
Roland S-50 sampler
Akai s-612 sampler
E-mu e4X

Atari MegaST2 running Dr. T's KCS Omega
Atari Falcon030 running Cubase
Akai MPC-2000xl
Akai MPC-1000
Roland MSQ-700 sequencer
Alesis MMT-8 sequencer (x2)
Roland MSQ-100 sequencer (x2)
Yamaha QX-3 sequencer

Ableton Live
NI Maschine
(lots of good plug-ins)

Akai APC40
Behringer BCR-2000
Bitstream 3x

a couple different Simmons drum modules
Roland trigger-midi box and some Tama pads
Simmons SDS-8
Simmons SDS-200
Boss PC-2 percussion synth

Digitech Studio Quad-4
Line 6 Echo Pro
Lexicon MPX-1
TC Electronic M300 fx
Behringer Ultra-Dyne Pro
Behringer Multicom
Behringer Ultrafex Pro
Behringer Composer Pro
probably a dozen Boss fx pedals
most of the Boss 1/2 rack series
Multivox chorus unit
Boss RE-20
Strymon El Capistan
Strymon Timeline

Mackie 1202vlz mixer
Roland M-480 mixer
Mackie 1604vlz mixer
Mackie 1402vlz Pro mixer
Boss BX-8 and BX-16
Soundcraft MFX-12/2
MOTU UltraLite

Akai DPS-12i hd recorder

several old boom-boxes
portable television
a tape deck made for the blind...

Last edited by jbuonacc (Feb 17, 2014 5:10 pm)

crap thread now

Taichung, Taiwan

[/thread]

Milwaukee, WI

Oh jesus christ. I didn't realize this was a dick size competition. [/thread]

Tacoma WA

And with Korg's announcement of the Arp Odyssey no one cares about this anymore

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2014/0217/# … EWPrP.dpuf

Milwaukee, WI

[/roland]

Rochester, NY

well, he asked.

/shrug

plenty to talk about as far as AIRA, though i'm having a hard time believing that most anyone here would have much use for them. they look like they'll be VERY limited in scope as far as purpose. i can't honestly think of how many people need a modern-day 808/909/303 over something like an Electribe that offers more functionality. seem they've gotten very close with the sound of these, but they're still strictly limited to "that sound" with a few 'modern' touches.

Finland
jbuonacc wrote:

well, he asked.

/shrug

plenty to talk about as far as AIRA, though i'm having a hard time believing that most anyone here would have much use for them. they look like they'll be VERY limited in scope as far as purpose. i can't honestly think of how many people need a modern-day 808/909/303 over something like an Electribe that offers more functionality. seem they've gotten very close with the sound of these, but they're still strictly limited to "that sound" with a few 'modern' touches.

Thanks for the list. Can I listen some music youve made with that stuff? Originally I just gave an opinion about the new Aira stuff, then gave you more insight why I said what I said and in the end I think we both arent that impressed. Thread back to track pls.

shanghai

Not been around these parts a while because every thread turns into some sort of bickering pseudo troll shit.
For the record i would like to say "HI Jbuonacc, you come across as a massive dickhead. I apologize if you're not but im 99% sure you are. Thanks"
Anyway with a list of such amazing analog-pro-ness, why would you even give two shits about the Aria.

San Diego

Personally, I don't care if it's true analog or not. It's got the sounds I like and it's fairly easy to use from the looks of it (I'll have to demo it before I make a final decision on that). Even though most would argue with me that there's no point in getting it unless it is true analog since you can simulate it with a good VST. Just my preference since I really lose all momentum when working with VSTs and I don't get the feel for the sounds as well without a knob or slider. Not to mention, I've wanted a 808 or 909 for about 10 years now but couldn't shell out the serious cash people were asking for them. On the other Aria items, like the VT-3, I've been wanting a good vocoder that wasn't attached to a keyboard and had the styles I was looking for. So that's another plus in my book. I'm a little sketchy on the TB-3 however, that touch screen seems a bit....fumbley? Nice acid sounds though and not bad on the price range. Could do without the touch screen and shave a bit more off the price though and it would be a total win for me.

Last edited by Vile (Feb 19, 2014 12:36 am)

Arizona

I personally opted for a Bass Bot over the TB3. In my opinion it was worth every penny.

Indiana
jbuonacc wrote:
DKSTR wrote:

What kind of gear you have used/owned?

(i might be forgetting a few...)

Roland SH-101
Roland Juno-106....

portable television
a tape deck made for the blind...

you've used a portable television, a behringer multicom!? quite the list haha tongue

on another note, can anybody tell if the VT-3 has an external in for the vocoder? I watched the video but I can't tell if it's just an autotune machine or actually a vocoder

San Diego
Fudgers wrote:

on another note, can anybody tell if the VT-3 has an external in for the vocoder? I watched the video but I can't tell if it's just an autotune machine or actually a vocoder

From what I saw on this video here it looks like an autotune machine for the most part. Only inputs are mic, pedal and usb.

nowhere

the touch screen on the tb-3 is overkill. why does everything need a touch screen? ugghh hmm

Arizona
anthrium wrote:

the touch screen on the tb-3 is overkill. why does everything need a touch screen? ugghh hmm

That was my take on it also.

Milwaukee, WI
anthrium wrote:

For the same reason everything is outlined in seafoam green.

Future.