perth, WA

This looks pretty neat (apart from that heinous font). ProTracker for your iDevice for a couple of bucks!~

The developer has this to say:
"It is a pure Amiga mod-tracker and you can load, edit, save, or create new Amiga modules with VividTracker. It does not support xm- or s3m-modules. It comes with support for AudioCopy, which means you can copy samples from other great apps such as Korg iMS20, Animoog or Propellerhead’s Figure. You can keep your modules in sync between devices through Dropbox folder sync. If you have questions then please send an email to [email protected]."

It's out on the app store now, or you can read more about it at the VividTracker website

Last edited by atomsmasha (Feb 19, 2014 3:44 pm)

perth, WA

(can a mod please delete this post, i made a booboo)

Last edited by atomsmasha (Feb 19, 2014 3:45 pm)

NC in the US of America

Yeah, I saw this. Interesting. Wondering how the interface is.

Joliette, QC, Canada

Damn !!! This if done well, can surpass sunvox in my needs !!! Thanks for the news !!! big_smile

San Francisco

nifty. gonna dl it right now!

Joliette, QC, Canada

Bump...bought it some days ago ! Just tried to load the .mod I saved from it with loads of audiopaste samples I did with Nanostudio on PT2.3 on my Amiga...Works like a charm !!!
big_smile

How's the interface?  I'm always wary of buying these apps and having an unusable ui.

Joliette, QC, Canada

On the pattern screen it's ok for an app but not that great for a tracker ! But I was surprised how well the sample editor works with a touchscreen !

Sweden

I noticed VividTracker is discussed here, so I thought I should register and join the discussion in case you have questions, requests, etc.

The interface is of course suffering from the fact that you don't have a keyboard. Bluetooth keyboard support is therefore the number one top request that I get from users. If Apple's SDK allows it I will add it in.

Madriz, Supain

Like always, a big "fuck you" to android users

SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

The simple fact is Android has a lot of latency.  The way it handles audio causes far too much latency for music apps to function, so you will always miss the best music apps simply by owning an Android device.  While latency doesn't really matter to a tracker, there is next to no incentive to put music apps on the Play store.  The market is already less robust, you are immediately limited by the lack of things like AudioBus, and piracy is rampant.  If you want decent music apps get yourself an iPad or computer.

Last edited by Beware (Mar 4, 2014 5:40 pm)

Unsubscribe

yea but latency doesnt really matter for a seqeuncer, if all the sounds are latent at the same rate the end user wouldnt care. Death to keyjazz though.

Earth

I think Android is fertile ground for any music app that can work in it. There's a supply shortage. But anyway, I just bought it. It seems pretty cool, scrolling is more intuitive than sunvox anyway. Look forward to writing something with it.

Joliette, QC, Canada

Android have lots of good emulators and Milkytracker...so it's more a "AHHHH FINALLY we can have a decent tracker that is not Sunvox !!!"
tongue
btw vivid, cool to see you on the forum and thanks for this awesome app !!!

NC in the US of America
XyNo wrote:

Android have lots of good emulators and Milkytracker...so it's more a "AHHHH FINALLY we can have a decent tracker that is not Sunvox !!!"
tongue

Android port of Milkytracker and "decent" should not be together in the same sentence. Unless you have a usb dongle to connect a keyboard and mouse to it. tongue

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Mar 4, 2014 9:31 pm)

Joliette, QC, Canada
SketchMan3 wrote:
XyNo wrote:

tongue

Android port of Milkytracker and "decent" should not be together in the same sentence. Unless you have a usb dongle to connect a keyboard and mouse to it. tongue

good point, I use it with my usb keyboard and mouse on an OTG usb cable on it...the tablet version is kinda cool !