killadelphia

preorder HERE

Also for a select few (please only poor chip musicians) I can reduce the cost if you ship me an NROM game.  Hit me up at [email protected]

Last edited by animalstyle (Feb 20, 2014 7:51 pm)

Dallas, Texas

Kick ass!

Cleveland, OH
animalstyle wrote:

Also for a select few (please only poor chip musicians) I can reduce the cost if you ship me an NROM game.  Hit me up at [email protected]

Legit is legit.

United States

Gez, 50$ for recycled carts. Meaning you only have to program them and slap a new label on them. Plus these are second run, meaning they are not worth as much as the original carts in resale. I'll have to think about this...

killadelphia
John Riselvato wrote:

Gez, 50$ for recycled carts. Meaning you only have to program them and slap a new label on them. Plus these are second run, meaning they are not worth as much as the original carts in resale. I'll have to think about this...

Well I think you're mistaken about the amount of work these take.  Desoldering the CHR and PRG for 50 carts is pain staking and takes a lot of time.  I worked on producing this for 1.5 years + working within the limitations of the art was also very tricky.  I also laminate the labels, polish the copper traces.  Basically if i want to get paid about $2 an hour for producing this the price would be like $100 a cart.  Not to mention No Carrier's hand in coding this.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
John Riselvato wrote:

Re chipping a cart is a time consuming job (not just reprogramming) and let me tell you, removing the old label is a B!7*H. So at the min it's a $20 bill + the cost of rounding up carts and EPROMS and printing labels, and let's make sure the artist earns a bit for a limited signed edition title. It's really not bad for a nice NES album, and Animalstyle IS offering a break if you supply the cart.
  I say too cool !
Yogi
EDIT; Oh Yea it's a kick a88 album! An if you totally can't find a dime, animalstyle has it as free DL on his Bandcamp!

Last edited by yogi (Feb 20, 2014 4:25 am)

United States
animalstyle wrote:
John Riselvato wrote:

Well I think you're mistaken about the amount of work these take.  Desoldering the CHR and PRG for 50 carts is pain staking and takes a lot of time.  I worked on producing this for 1.5 years + working within the limitations of the art was also very tricky.  I also laminate the labels, polish the copper traces.  Basically if i want to get paid about $2 an hour for producing this the price would be like $100 a cart.  Not to mention No Carrier's hand in coding this.

I didn't know you had to replace parts inside the cart, with this in mind I see how this is a reasonable price. How do you sell these? Is it the cart only or is there a holder/case?

Ellicott City, MD

tried reading the blog but didnt find anything. What's a teletime do? is it an nsf player or production tool?

Dallas, Texas

Agreed. Making NES carts is hard work. I've done one for myself, and desoldering the mask roms and pulling them out without ripping up any traces is tricky business. Also, erasing and burning EEPROMS takes longer than you'd think. Waiting 20 minutes for the UV eraser and trouble shooting any failed burns is not fun.

Not to mention that there are like 10+ freaking song on this. Not sure if any samples were used but coding memory efficient tracks like that takes skill.

MAPPER 0 boards only have a max 32k PRG rom. If I remember correctly VegaPlay only lets the user have like 30K for song data. I imagine this release would allow even less cause the extra backgrounds and nametable data. I'm not sure how to get smaller file sizes like that in Fami, but in ppMCK, using the |:\:| brackets will come with it's own set of obstacles when trying to minimize file size. Like frames become out of sync at certain tempos yikes.

All in all, I wish I could buy one, but I'm currently saving money for the newest iMac. Apple wants my arm, leg and first born >_<

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Feb 20, 2014 9:14 am)

Dallas, Texas
Laserbeak43 wrote:

tried reading the blog but didnt find anything. What's a teletime do? is it an nsf player or production tool?

It's an Album on a cartridge

killadelphia
Laserbeak43 wrote:

hey - added a youtube video up at the top ;]

Easton, PA, USA

wow, that's awesome! Good Job!

clovis CA

Can i buy just the IC's? i want to show my support, but i cant really afford $50 hmm
pm me if you can turn my fantasy into reality smile