St. Charles, MO

Hey guys, I'm working on a track using Super Mario Brothers Deluxe, and I would like to record straight from my GBC instead of using an emulator. I am using an official cartridge, so I don't have a save file to transfer. When I used Audacity, it sounded very strange. Any suggestions?

CA

Can you share the audio that you're getting? Is it pro sound or native output?

South Korea

Check your computer's microphone/line input settings, there is a setting (i think it's called "Microphone Boost" or something) that really messes up the sound from GameBoys. Hope it helps.

Taichung, Taiwan

Can you explain what "very strange" sounds like?

Abandoned on Fire

I could have sworn there was a pinned topic on recording gameboy but I can't find it. There should be several threads that address your problem on here tho.

St. Charles, MO

Nevermind guys, I fixed it. The sound was just very wavy/bouncy sounding, don't really know any other way to explain it lol.

CA

Could you please share what did you end up doing to fix that in case anybody else encounters the same problem?

Youngstown, OH

Sometimes the computer has a speech recognition setting that messes with incoming non-speech audio. I've run into this myself a few times.

NC in the US of America
ShinigamiMachine wrote:

a track using Super Mario Brothers Deluxe

Haha nice. I'm not the only one who has done this big_smile

Alive and well in fucksville

I have had luck with a voice recorder (any with a mic in jack) set to the most sensitive and the lowest (gbc) possible signal the volume can put out so it is comfortable enough at mid volume on the recorder's headphones. there is some hiss during silence.

Last edited by bitjacker (Feb 20, 2014 6:33 pm)