Youngstown, OH

FL Studio and SunVox are my main dudes anymore, but I also love Famitracker. And if I'm actually sitting down and notating parts for human performance I use MuseScore cuz it's free.

South Jersey, USA

Renoise
and lately Caustic 2

Atlanta

I can never stick to one thing, but I'm most familiar with Ableton, Renoise, and Reaper. I've been obsessed with LSDj lately, it sounds great with my Monomachine and OP-1, which I suppose are really just software tied to hardware. For VST's I really like the VallhallaDSP plug-ins, Reaktor, Absynth, and MAX/MSP. I'm trying to move away from my computer, the Gameboy goes great with headphones in the park, but then I have to wear pants.

Last edited by DMV.ppt (Feb 28, 2014 6:13 am)

NC in the US of America

MilkyTracker, HivelyTracker, LSDJ, Beepola, BleeperMusicMaker, Famitracker... Fause Music Creator

Finland

I started out with FL studio, went on to LSDJ and now my new digs are Ableton and Renoise. Using both for different reasons, but as I get better I think I might be able to cut my pipeline to be a bit shorter.
Currently learning Ableton though, figured I'd get into Renoise seriously after version 3 is available to anyone.

Oh yeah and LSDJ of course. I only gave up FL studio. And there's nothing wrong with FL at all, I just don't personally get along with it that well, that or I'm doing something incredibly wrong. Either way, I want to sample some other workflows. smile

perth, WA
DMV.ppt wrote:

I can never stick to one thing, but I'm most familiar with Ableton, Renoise, and Reaper. I've been obsessed with LSDj lately, it sounds great with my Monomachine and OP-1, which I suppose are really just software tied to hardware. For VST's I really like the VallhallaDSP plug-ins, Reaktor, Absynth, and MAX/MSP. I'm trying to move away from my computer, the Gameboy goes great with headphones in the park, but then I have to wear pants.

oh heck yes +1 for the OP-1. I've owned both LSDJ and an OP-1 for ages, but only recently got around to combining the two. I think i'm going to try and bust this combo out at the squaresounds pre-party

Gosford, Australia

FL is still my fave
LSDJ is always fun though!

atomsmasha wrote:

oh heck yes +1 for the OP-1. I've owned both LSDJ and an OP-1 for ages, but only recently got around to combining the two. I think i'm going to try and bust this combo out at the squaresounds pre-party

KEEN. big_smile

not jophish anymore

Renoise hands down.

Douglas, Wyoming

1-FL Studio
2-Ableton live
3-Renoise
4-LSDJ
5-Famitracker

Nottingham, UK

LSDJ +ableton. Once in a while I try my hand at famitracker and inevitably give up because LSDJ has spoilt me.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Feb 28, 2014 3:41 pm)

Atlanta
atomsmasha wrote:
DMV.ppt wrote:

I don't want to derail this, but I'm curious to know how you use them together for live stuff. Running tape loops, or just noodling on one synth with the keys over the top, etc.

I can figure out a fluid way to switch between tape loops.

Oklahoma City, OK

-LSDJ
-Logic Pro
-Sibelius, for live/classical instruments.

If I ever get around to trying around Deflemask (which won't be too far away in time), then that will be fun smile

Last edited by DBOYD (Feb 28, 2014 9:13 pm)

1. LSDj
2. OctaMED
3. Fl Studio
5. Piggy

New Albany Indiana

Milky and lsdj.

South Dakota

SunVox. Although I am poking at FamiTracker and klystrack with a stick a little bit.
DefleMask is getting quick glances from across the room.

Youngstown, OH

I'm liking the amount of FL love in this thread... maybe we don't have to hide anymore