United States

Does LGPT run on linux with either alsa or pulse? It said it couldn't fine libjackwhatever.so but I'd rather not run jackaudio, I like my alsa and pulse setup.

Last edited by IceWolf (Mar 15, 2014 1:03 am)

Netherl4nds

I have it running with ALSA. Had to remove Pulse due to some issues with audio output.

United States

How do you get it running, just edit a config file?

Netherl4nds

Well, my problem was that my soundcard had 2 hardware outputs (HDMI and the normal jack) and it always used the HDMI as default (to explain it in noobie terms). I had to switch the order of hw:0 with hw:1.

sudo mousepad /etc/modprobe.d//modprobe.conf

Mousepad is my texteditor; you may use nano, vi or gedit. Place the following in the modprobe.conf:

options snd-hda-intel id=Generic1 index=1

But I donĀ“t know what your setup is or your problem.

Last edited by Sup4durt (Dec 9, 2013 11:41 pm)

To run lgpt, you need the jack libraries to be installed. But it doesn't mean you have to use jack as output.

United States

You can install it but not use it...?

yeah. since it can work with jack, it needs the library. But if the jack server isn't started, it will use alsa.

United States

Sorry I haven't tried this in a while. I installed libjack0 as it asked for libjack.so.0 and it still wouldn't work so I linked it to piggy's folder in its bin folder and it still says it can't open the shared object file.

Abandoned on Fire

Does piggy run at all?

United States

Not the linux one, I found out I can however run the windows version through wine. Not sure if it's running properly in its entirety, the misc. samples just sound like short static click noises. All the other samples run fine though.

Abandoned on Fire

Are you on a 64bit system? Cause that sounds exactly like the issues I was having. Currently piggy can't run on 64bit linux.

United States

That explains it!

Abandoned on Fire
IceWolf wrote:

That explains it!

Haha yeah I wasted a lot of Mark's time before mentioning it myself.  I've switched back to windows purely for proper piggin.

Abandoned on Fire

And reaper.

United States

Ha figured it out! I remembered I had multiarch-support installed. So remembering that with multiarch -support installed to install a 32 bit version of a library/program/etc. you do sudo apt-get install packagename:i386 . So with that in mind I did

sudo apt-get install libjack0:i386

and tried to run piggy after and it works smile Set the window to floating for my i3 wm and everything's good!

Abandoned on Fire
IceWolf wrote:

Ha figured it out! I remembered I had multiarch-support installed. So remembering that with multiarch -support installed to install a 32 bit version of a library/program/etc. you do sudo apt-get install packagename:i386 . So with that in mind I did

sudo apt-get install libjack0:i386

and tried to run piggy after and it works smile Set the window to floating for my i3 wm and everything's good!

Oho! Good solution!