Florida

What kind of guitar pedals would work well with a gameboy setup?  I've never really bought any before and am looking into effects and extras.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

I can't answer your question directly, but search for Ctrix's Gatari. there was a online interview where he described it a little.
Yogi

Taichung, Taiwan

I would assume the choice of pedal effect would determine what kind of sound you are going for.

I would look into getting a Mini KP or a Mini KP2 from Korg to start with.

TSSBAY01

digitech rp80

Chicago
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

digitech rp80

Chicago

I work at a used music gear store. My go-to for testing pedals is my jawns.
It really does depend on what you're going for. That said you can't go wrong with pretty much any quality reverb or delay.
If people want, I can note interesting pedals for chip and/or noise applications in this thread

Unsubscribe

http://line6.com/m5/

ℑndiana ║█║▌║█║▌

muddyGB→whammy pedal is pretty fun, also running it threw a loop sation gets interesting
along with using a few other cartridges [deathray & trippyH].

Czech republic
UnderCoverDisOrder wrote:

...running it threw a loop sation gets interesting along with using a few other cartridges [deathray & trippyH].

Last week I bought Jamman Express XT for this (among other things). It is great little pedal.
Currently in a process of doing MIDI -> JamSync box - will post results later.

New Albany Indiana

I like using heavy metal peddles for a really raw scratchy distorted sound.

New Albany Indiana

King's Lynn, UK
Bit wish wrote:

Seconded, I've just got a cheap little behringer um100 that i bought second hand from a pawn shop, but when you've played around with it a bit, it can sound pretty awesome.

Also got a Joyo D-SEED for my birthday, which has a lot of potential for awesome and isn't super expensive new. Those long delays can be really fun to play with.

Dallas, Texas

Stay away from compressors. In my experiences, unless you can run only the drums through it like you can with NES, then all it will do is ruin the dynamics, not enhance them.

A reverb would be useful in small doses. I also found the BBE sonic maximizer to be very pleasing with chip music.

Sestri Levante, Genova, Italy

not really a pedal, but I love my Oto Biscuit wink

Indiana

i love guitar pedals!

when you step out of the guitar realm with them, quality isn't particularly important. buy a bunch of cheap behringer pedals for $60 and make whacky chip sounds! or, get bored with them, bend em, and make noise :3

whammy pedals are a dream, any kind of dirt can make your lead lines less boring, eqs can help live, delays and verbs if you want to make ART, and modulation make great bass sounds imo

on another note, designing/modifying circuits for fuzz pedals is (relatively) easy, and it can be a lot of fun if you want to shoot for a really unique sound.

oh, and like TylerBarnes said, compressor guitar pedals aren't really made to do what a regular compressor does. they're technically doing the same thing, but the pedals are really more of a tone-shaping device than a production tool, and they don't make much sense outside of the guitar playing.

Last edited by Fudgers (Mar 2, 2014 6:46 pm)

Florida

Thanks for all the input guys!

By the way, Guitar Center is having a pedal month sale going on currently.