IL, US
D3LL wrote:

Thanks for all the input guys!

By the way, Guitar Center is having a pedal month sale going on currently.

from what i can see online, almost none of the pedals are actually on sale

Nottingham, UK

Spend a stupid amount of money on a strymon El Capistan and have the coolest fucking tape delay ever. Instant warbly warmth all over them there square' and pulses.

Boise, ID

I try to find pedals with stereo capabilities

Joliette, QC, Canada

This thread makes me think of David Sugar's Blip 09 set !

Gosford, Australia

i don't really know jack about guitar pedals but i've messed around with multi-fx and loop pedals lately.

btw, what's actually distinctive about a guitar compressor? like in terms of threshold/ratio.

NC in the US of America
theghostservant wrote:
tempsoundsolutions wrote:

digitech rp80

Alive and well in fucksville

stereo chorus from an ibanez ue400 (sorry its not a pedal, its rack mount) seems to be really cool. I like to split my output to my microcube to get some delay. its lots of junky connectors and adapters, but it seems nice so long as i dont bump anything

Last edited by bitjacker (Mar 3, 2014 2:16 pm)

Dublin, Ireland
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

Spend a stupid amount of money on a strymon El Capistan and have the coolest fucking tape delay ever. Instant warbly warmth all over them there square' and pulses.

Ohh, hadn't heard of this, really nice and seems pretty flexible.
I've been dubbing my stuff out with a Boss RE-20 for a while and love it, but I may need to add one of these in too. yikes

Columbus, Indiana

You can get the Source audio wah with a wired hot hand for next to nothing. Be warned trying to use it with my bass guitar didn't work so well, so I assume your bass lines with chip stuff wouldn't work either. I need to try it out with my arduinoboy before I'd say it's the awesome. Here's a vid.

http://www.sourceaudio.net/videos/post/ … -keyboard/

May I suggest if going mono anyway to use pedals, try a pissbox?

rochester, ny
e.s.c. wrote:
D3LL wrote:

Thanks for all the input guys!

By the way, Guitar Center is having a pedal month sale going on currently.

i work at guitar center. pm me and i'll give you a deal on whatever you want.

Nottingham, UK
iNFOTOXIN wrote:
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

Ohh, hadn't heard of this, really nice and seems pretty flexible.
I've been dubbing my stuff out with a Boss RE-20 for a while and love it, but I may need to add one of these in too. yikes

Honestly, it's better than some actual tape delays I've used. If you want a serious delay its definitely a great choice.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Mar 3, 2014 4:36 pm)

Arizona

I was able to craft some nice, aggressive gabber and hardcore kicks with a cheap FAB Metal pedal.

Unsubscribe

boss metal zone sounds great on drums.

IL, US
nickmaynard wrote:
e.s.c. wrote:

i work at guitar center. pm me and i'll give you a deal on whatever you want.

Haha thanks, might do that soon for one or two small things
And agree with herr_prof, metal zone (and other distortions) on drum machines are where its at

Indiana
Victory Road wrote:

btw, what's actually distinctive about a guitar compressor? like in terms of threshold/ratio.

to answer this as simply as possible, the main difference is that guitar pedal compressors generally have paired down control schemes, with usually something like attack, gain, and the "sustain" which is somewhat like the threshold. The ratio is usually fixed and often pretty severe. They are also almost exclusively in mono.

The intention of this control scheme is to give the guitarist notes that sustain longer when used aggressively, and some subtle dynamic leveling in lighter settings.

For the most part, the controls provided don't allow for the more involved shaping capabilities of a real compressor. The circuits are often paired down as well and tend to be noisier than a full-size unit. You also won't see they very specialized and distinct sounds you get from the circuits/components in famous compressors like the LA-2A and 1176

Last edited by Fudgers (Mar 3, 2014 6:12 pm)

IL, US

though guitar compressor pedals before an eq and distortion can give a pretty nasty sound... i used that combination in all my sets from 2004-2006 on one aux send from my mixer so i could blend it in nicely with the clean signal