Unsubscribe

Seriously. GBA With Start Select on triggers, backlight and prosound?

GB SP in Kitsch DMG Shell with Prosound, Arduinoboy, various clock mods, and enough room on the bottom for audio, link and midi out cables?

It seems most of the new mods in the last year are Guy Fieri Chic visual aesthetic, and no one is really pushing things towards useful mods.

matt's mind

these are mainly for GBA mods in a kitsch case, as you mention

edit -- i've never done the mod, but have been told the little bit of extra space helps, but am not sure why.  i would imagine the original case would work too, but perhaps not!  dunno

Unsubscribe

That's awesome ! The extra CPU really helps for lsdj it would be cool if people got on modded units.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:29 am)

matt's mind
herr_prof wrote:

That's awesome ! The extra CPU really helps for lsdj it would be cool if people got on modded units.

yeah, next time someone shoots me pics of their mod i'll ask if i can post the photos here.  looks very cool

CA

What are the benefits of using GBA for chiptune? I think DMG definitely has more space (an options) for mods. Is it better sound? Screen?

matt's mind

faster processor is a lot of the reason

some people really love the form factor

friendofmegaman wrote:

What are the benefits of using GBA for chiptune? I think DMG definitely has more space (an options) for mods. Is it better sound? Screen?

Nanoloop 2.x series was designed for GBA in mind! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duk-nk87HMU

Brooklyn NY US
herr_prof wrote:

It seems most of the new mods in the last year are Guy Fieri Chic visual aesthetic

fucking LOL. I love you herr_prof

Unsubscribe

I shouldnt be glib, but I feel like the gb mod community is really overly focused on look over performance. The GBA does help a lot with the extra CPU, which translates to less crashes and more stable performance. The audio is a little different (some would say worse but i like it for its own reasons), but the screen and backlight are also way more readable than any dmg mod. Id hope the smaller SP motherboards would allow room for more audio friendly mods

- built in arduino
- balanceded outs so you plug direct into a pa
- Room for filter or eq type modes.

Its a little distressing that so few modders seem to use the gameboy musically, which is maybe why they've drifted so far away from servicing chip musicians, but if you guys have any feedback id be interested to hear them.

remember this

Dallas, Texas
friendofmegaman wrote:

The screen is my main reason for loving the GBA. Also the Spritesmod GBAmidi cable is a large reason as well.

herr_prof wrote:

Backlight, yes! Prosound is also possible, but I've yet to perform one.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Mar 5, 2014 6:46 am)

California

what a coincidence I was just thinking about this and remembered trusty ol' cm.org and this is was the first thread. glad people have some interest in modding these consoles considering they are becoming readily available and cheap.

United States
an0va wrote:

remember this

? how does this relate?

TylerBarnes wrote:
herr_prof wrote:

Woah, hold on!
I thought there were no backlights only the SP Frontlit Mod for the GBA?

Taichung, Taiwan
9-Heart wrote:
TylerBarnes wrote:

Woah, hold on!
I thought there were no backlights only the SP Frontlit Mod for the GBA?

Things have changed.