Unsubscribe
egr wrote:

All the reasons you all have listed is why I love/use my gameboy color so much.  Is there really that much difference in running a dmg music prog on gba vs gbc?

I kinda hate the screen on gbc, and the even the prosounded sound is not that great to me. Battery life rules though. Ive done sounds that strangle a dmg, suffer on a gbc and work fine on a gba.

Los Angeles

this is the new best thread. well one that really speaks to me. i have always wondered why there hasn't been more homebrew GBA stuff.
as a person who syncs nanoloop 2.x with lsdj, lsdj on a DMG it will get knocked out of time EASILY. but if i sync NL with lsdj on a GBA= ROCK SOLID always. so for me there is a bigger need to go all GBA

this happens even when lsdj plays on a single DMG with no 'slow processor' issues

edit: GBA SP's of course. i hate plain ol GBA

Last edited by dasid (Mar 5, 2014 8:04 pm)

NC in the US of America

It'd be kinda neat if there was simply an LSDJ version that could use the L/R buttons as start and select so you wouldn't have to mod your GBA and lose that functionality. But I guess this is not feasible.

Unsubscribe

Yea for all intents and purposes, gb and gba are different beasts, so a new program would need to happen. Modding the GBA should be much more trivial.

Abandoned on Fire

LittleGameboyPiggyTracker: A GBA rom that combines all the fun of lsdj using the classic dmg sound channels with the new school awesome of lgpt on the direct sound channels.

8===D - - - $$$$

Unsubscribe

Marc couldnt get a single piggy channel working on a DSI, so I wouldnt dream that hard about it big_smile

Abandoned on Fire

:'(

SLC, UT

Sorry to bump, but I'm looking for the start/select mod tutorial. It looks like the like apeshit posted is dead. Does anyone have it?

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:25 am)

SLC, UT

Thanks!

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:25 am)

SLC, UT

Awesome, thanks so much! Question though, I'm a little hesitant to permanantly mod my gameboy, I'd still like to do some gaming. How hard would it be to wire a switch up to this? Probably a dpdt switch like this:
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/597

The only tricky part I'm thinking would be the resistor, but that could just be inline with the circuit right? I apologize, I havent looked into this extensively. I was thinking that tiny switch would fit perfectly in that little window where the battery clip goes. You'd have to use a small tool to switch it, but that would be acceptable.

Solar System

Any link for BACKLIGHT? And PROSOUND mods? Step by step tutorials?

Spain

Backlight mod's over folks, unless you want to spend $100 on a backlit screen. You can also search for modder GBAs on eBay, but these are becoming scarse.

Dallas, Texas
thursdaycustoms wrote:
Pugbath wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Gba should be the same as the dmg, right?

Nope. The amp is pre-pot. So if you solder to the pot you still have the amp messing everything up.
If you look up from the pot/jack area you will see 2 copper pads. Follow those traces back until you see 2 smd resistors.
Remove the resistors or just solder to the side closest to the CPU.
Sorry this is very badly detailed but I don't have an AGB in front of me right now.
Hope it helps!

P.S. No volume control.

CA

You could buy a broken AGS-101 and the ribbon "adapter" it will cost you around $30-$40 total. But you have to be patient since even broken SPs are too bloody expensive these days.