SLC, UT

Functions very much like goomba, you have to bundle all the roms into one master rom.

I don't have access to windows, but I want to see someone run LSDJ on this puppy. Or if someone could provide me with a pre-patched virtual boy rom with LSDJ that would be great too.

Can't wait for someone to use this on real hardware on stage and have a seizure.

http://www.retrocollect.com/News/ninten … l-boy.html

Last edited by stargazer (Mar 5, 2014 8:06 pm)

United States

That's pretty awesome. I'm surprised there's such a large community for the VB. Here's the actual topic: http://www.planetvb.com/modules/newbb/v … mp;start=0

Here's screenshots:

SLC, UT

I too was impressed by the dev community and resources. Seemingly more solidified than any other nintendo console dev community.

Arizona

I actually forgot that the Virtual Boy existed until this post was made...

United States

So it's a gameboy emulator mode on a virtual boy emulator?

SLC, UT

Well you could play it on real hardware with a flash cart.

stargazer wrote:

Well you could play it on real hardware with a flash cart.

Do you know how it affects the sound quality? Would LSDJ sound any different on the virtual boy or would it just be a weird thing to do?

Last edited by Adil Soubki (Mar 7, 2014 12:59 am)

Rhode Island
Adil Soubki wrote:

Do you know how it affects the sound quality? Would LSDJ sound any different on the virtual boy or would it just be a weird thing to do?

I'm curious about this too. I thought the virtual boy had 5 wave tables and a noise channel.

Seattle, WA

First person to do live lsdj on a virtual boy gets $10 from me. I gotta be at the show though.

SLC, UT

Well I can't get the sound to work with LSDJ, but here's an image of it running:

Apparently there's an updated version since I downloaded, so I will try that and see if I can get sound to work. Also, here is a demo video that includes sound. It sounds like there's no noise channel at all?