sweden

I *think* that nanoloop 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 basically has the same hardware.

Would LOVE to see it being compatible with 1.3.

Sweeeeeeden

Teaser time!

Columbus, Indiana

I am so stoked on this.

Last edited by meanwun (Mar 8, 2014 2:36 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

yessssss

Nottingham, UK

Imma buy the shit out of this.

Nottingham, UK

EDIT: so excited I double posted.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Mar 8, 2014 4:44 pm)

Michigan

I see two bank support. Is that a software or hardware trick?
What can it do with the Mega Memory card?

Alabama
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Chances are the two-bank thing is both hardware and software. Power cycling might be for flipping the EMS 64 cart and any other multi-bank carts we'll see. Mega Memory card I'm going to guess we will get a memory manager of some sort big_smile which would be sick, like a LittleFM-ish option for non-LittleFM-compatible carts. Also, mass savebackups/dumps.

Sweeeeeeden
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Just so I'm not giving any wrong impressions here. I have not figured out a way to switch between the two pages from the cartridge bus. This may be impossible, even. The flasher will just flash whichever page is currently active, probably page 2 for the most part, knowing how these carts works. tongue But apart from that limitation, EMS 64M flashing works beautifully.
Note however that you have access to multi-ROM functionality within one "page", given an appropriate menu ROM, so only being able to flash one page may not be such a big loss.

MMC supports is not yet implemented, but the plan is to fully support reading and writing from the cartridge.

ℑndiana ║█║▌║█║▌

hurry up spring..!

Michigan

What is "Special Power?"
Is it for UV eproms?

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Mar 9, 2014 5:07 am)

Sweeeeeeden

No. That's a way of categorizing special functions on mapper chips that otherwise behave like a standard MBC5 or similar. For example, Nanoloop One is listed as its own MBC in the MBC list because it's using a special command set for switching between banks. EMS on the other hand behaves like a standard MBC when as far as the switching between banks is concerned, so the standard bank switch code is used when flashing. However, it also allows for multi-ROM functionality, which is then listed as a special power. Funky name, yes.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:29 am)

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:29 am)

IL, US
nordloef wrote:

Would LOVE to see it being compatible with 1.3.

that would be pretty awesome

Abandoned on Fire

Yeah, I'm down with this.

Also that prototype is beautifully compact and minimal in design.  Heart it very much.

Last edited by egr (Mar 13, 2014 8:30 pm)