United Kingdom

You can choose any one of the following, but only one, and explain why:

• The [Demo]scene is revived, parties occur left right and center, the techniques learnt and displayed are then adapted for use in the games industry, resulting in unparallelled development with spectacular graphics at fraction of current performance requirements. However, any programming you do in the future will have to be in BASIC.

• A package arrives tomorrow morning, containing 50 pristine, factory fresh, original 6581/8580 SID chips. However, your paypal account is locked, and you're banned from your local maplins/radioshack, and your soldering iron just broke.

• Chipmusic becomes "mainstream", following the path of other genres such as dubstep, clogging the radio with endless repeats. You are heralded as it's cause and idol, you are blessed with untold riches. However, you are stricken with an awful pallor, and your skin is terrible. Anamanaguchi is nowhere to be seen (No hate).

• For the next year, you will receive one gameboy of varying rarity each week, each unmodified, and each unique. (From the play it loud series all the way to the limited edition Manchester united DMG). Attempting to sell even one will result in all of them being stricken with horizontal lines. A thousand schoolchildren with colds who have just eaten wotsits/cheetos will also break down your door and touch all of your equipment, said gameboys included. Gifts are acceptable at a rate of once a year.

• You will find a fully functioning gem at an extremely low price (1-20$/£)at whatever auction/car boot/yard/sale you attend for the next 10 years. These can range from a sega megadrive, to a C64, zx spectrum etc. Any attempt to use these devices in music production will result in Timberland stealing from you.

This thread is not to be taken seriously, more humour the better.

UK, Leicester

The Demoscene one seems like the best one overall imo. Although chip going mainstream would be a cool thing, I'd hate to be the idol of chip because there are better artists for it. Also that awful pallor and terrible skin is what skrillex has, and I don't want to be the next skrillex

im gonna dedicate my life to producing terrible songs on jumble sale computers which timbaland is forced to use for his songs so his career goes down the pan

Liverpool, UK

No Mystery Box option? Fuck this shitty quiz, and fuck you.

› Show Spoiler

IL, US
Afrowolf wrote:

[*]Chipmusic becomes "mainstream", following the path of other genres such as dubstep, clogging the radio with endless repeats. You are heralded as it's cause and idol, you are blessed with untold riches. However, you are stricken with an awful pallor, and your skin is terrible. Anamanaguchi is nowhere to be seen (No hate). [/*]

this, because if somehow i'm heading up this chipmusic as crossover thing, at least you know it won't be boring and it wont be dance music. also, im already pale as fuck. prone to ingrown hairs and i dont listen to the radio ever so theres really not much downside to this for me personally

how come all the options relate to a dead genre

Tokyo, Japan

Dise A.G.M. shows up alive and well and starts making music again.

/thread

TSSBAY01

why do i have to explain anything to you

Lexington, KY
extreme zan-zan-zawa-veia wrote:

how come all the options relate to a dead genre

haha heh heh hue hue

Arad, Romania
Afrowolf wrote:
  • You will find a fully functioning gem at an extremely low price (1-20$/£)at whatever auction/car boot/yard/sale you attend for the next 10 years. These can range from a sega megadrive, to a C64, zx spectrum etc. Any attempt to use these devices in music production will result in Timberland stealing from you.

Give me a Commodore 65 and I'll gladly let Timbaland rip me off. I would sell my soul to Satan for that thing.

Last edited by qb (Mar 22, 2014 4:59 pm)

Afrowolf wrote:

You will find a fully functioning gem at an extremely low price (1-20$/£)at whatever auction/car boot/yard/sale you attend for the next 10 years. These can range from a sega megadrive, to a C64, zx spectrum etc. Any attempt to use these devices in music production will result in Timberland stealing from you.

This, because I would reap the gaming benefits regardless.  Also, I share similar sentiments with qb--depending on the gem, I could care less who rips me off!