CA

Hi there,

Could anybody please point me where I can get 250-500k pot small enough to put it on top of DMG? Or even pocket? I'm having hard time finding something suitable on ebay, but perhaps someone has a link around. Thanks!

matt's mind

a trimpot is the only size i think you'll be able to fit up there, but i'm not aware of one with a shaft tall enough to turn.  you typically use a screwdriver to turn them

San Diego

Justinthursday has some mini pots on his website that he sells. Should be able to fit that micro pot he's got up there.

Last edited by Vile (Feb 20, 2014 6:49 am)

matt's mind

^ i was thinking those would only go in the corner along the top, will they go anywhere along the top?  (if you know...  perhaps justin can chime in too)

but, if so, those would work great for you: http://www.thursdaycustoms.com/product/ … t-knob-kit

San Diego

I'm not 100% sure, the corner is the only place I've really seen anyone put a pot. Might have to trim down the board a little to get it to fit. Justin would be the best to answer this question.

Dallas, Texas

Hmm, maybe you need something like a Cermet Trimpot with a shaft on it. I don't know where you'd get one with those values though.

EDIT: haha, better answers came in whilst I was typing and googling. That pot kit looks perfect.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Feb 20, 2014 7:12 am)

CA

Thanks guys! Seems it's not that straightforward as I thought smile

Cleveland, OH

Hey guys! Sorry I'm late! The micro pot/knob set we sell will fit anywhere at the top of the DMG on the front half of the case except by the power switch.

Hey,  check out this page at Mouser... I've used pots just like this on my DMG's... I fit the pot and a small switch in the front,  upper right corner of the Gameboy.  This way you can leave the speaker intact,  if you doing the traditional pitch mod.

They have all different values,  I think I saw a 500k,  just look for the column that tells you the resistance.  You are on your own for the knobs though! 

http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.asp … =148813146

Hope this helps!