CA

Hi guys,

Always wanted a white gameboy and painting the clear guy from inside looks like a go to me. I tried Krylon flat white on a piece of clear plastic. Result was pretty nice but a bit sort of bubbly. Perhaps I was not careful enough... Anyways

- should I choose a better brand?
- should I use the adhesion promoter?
- how should I approach hard to reach regions (like the area near the cartridge compartment on the back shell).

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks! This forum is a fantastic source for mod advices and ideas! smile

Update:
Darn! Should've posted on Nintendo handhelds sad

Last edited by friendofmegaman (Mar 25, 2014 5:39 am)

EASTERN USA

I usually use painters tape and silly putty to mask the outside and all the little holes I dont want filled. Try valspar spraypaints. They're my fave and work great.

Brisbane, Australia
friendofmegaman wrote:

Hi guys,

Always wanted a white gameboy and painting the clear guy from inside looks like a go to me. I tried Krylon flat white on a piece of clear plastic. Result was pretty nice but a bit sort of bubbly. Perhaps I was not careful enough... Anyways

- should I choose a better brand?
- should I use the adhesion promoter?
- how should I approach hard to reach regions (like the area near the cartridge compartment on the back shell).

Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks! This forum is a fantastic source for mod advices and ideas! smile

Update:
Darn! Should've posted on Nintendo handhelds sad

Krylon's work really well from experience - make sure the housing has been scrubbed clean and dried before you spray it though. Housings are fairly easy to come by (broken gameboys etc) depending on your area so just give it a shot! What's the worst that could happen? smile

clovis CA

i use multiple light coats. 2 light coats, and a medium coat. then if needed, 2 more light coats and a medium again. that should prevent bubbles and runs